• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

34 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I’m going with slushy coating from lower elevations BUF to ROC, 1-2” for the terrain above 1200 feet south of BUF and ROC. 

Someone in the Adirondacks will see 8” plus. 

Good call. Gfs came west a bit with the precip shield from the 00z run to the 6z run. Waiting for the 12z euro

Or we stay in the pattern and toast through the whole winter ala 2012 muaahhahaha! 
It can definitely happen but most, if not all, the You Tube long range predictions are quite funny for this yr, lol, as I get a kick out of listening to them. Their all chock full of Cold/Snow from beginning to end with the Northeast getting the brunt of this yrs Polar Vortex RLMAO!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yep but that was the best week of weather I'll ever experience. I don't care about snow on the ground, only falling and especially heavy rates. 

I enjoy that as well but I wish that one of these winters we build up an incredible snowpack. Would give me an excuse to buy a tractor to keep my driveway clear :)

31 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yep but that was the best week of weather I'll ever experience. I don't care about snow on the ground, only falling and especially heavy rates. 

Come on man, we all use snowpack duration as a metric for how good a winter is.  That is why we have routinely been giving winters shitty grades, because we can't hold snowpack for more than a few days or a week at best.  Maintaining a snowpack is one of the most satisfying parts of winter!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Come on man, we all use snowpack duration as a metric for how good a winter is.  That is why we have routinely been giving winters shitty grades, because we can't hold snowpack for more than a few days or a week at best.  Maintaining a snowpack is one of the most satisfying parts of winter!

To each their own. I could care less about snowpack. I want lots of snowfalls and big LES events. That is how I grade a good winter. Looking outside at snow doesn't do it for me. I could go to the Dacks or Holiday Valley each winter and always see snowpack. My favorite thing in winter is extremely high snowfall rates in those LES bands. Synoptic also doesn't do it for me. 

• Like 1

In other news, looks like the growing season will come to a true end on Friday night with Temps dipping into the mid 20's on the lake plains.  I've only had the lightest frost so far IMB....ready to close things down for good but I usually don't cut back my plants until they have been killed off naturally by a freeze.  Get those garden hoses and other outdoor waterlines secured for winter!

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

To each their own. I could care less about snowpack. I want lots of snowfalls and big LES events. That is how I grade a good winter. 

That's wild stuff, I just feel like I've heard you say a million times that you miss the winters where we held snowpack. I honestly thought you were one of the biggest proponents of this ideology.   My mind is blown.  

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

That's wild stuff, I just feel like I've heard you say a million times that you miss the winters where we held snowpack. I honestly thought you were one of the biggest proponents of this ideology.   My mind is blown.  

That is definitely not me. I have never been a snowpack guy. I know most on this forum are though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I mean what’s the fun of a big storm only to have it wash down the drain 2 days later? That’s no different than winning 30k on a bet and it’s gone 3 hours later

Yeah, snowpack is critical for me.  Would love to start holding snow around Thanksgiving and see it gone around the last week of March.  That would be an A plus winter.  

• Like 1

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
506 AM EDT Tue Oct 27 2020

NYZ001>008-010>014-019>021-085-280915-
Niagara-Orleans-Monroe-Wayne-Northern Cayuga-Oswego-Jefferson-Lewis-
Northern Erie-Genesee-Wyoming-Livingston-Ontario-Chautauqua-
Cattaraugus-Allegany-Southern Erie-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for western and north central New
York.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

The potential exists for rain to mix with and turn to accumulating
snow Thursday night into Friday, especially over the higher terrain.
This may lead to areas of hazardous travel, though uncertainty
remains high on potential accumulations at this time.

24 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Buffalo NY

NYZ001>008-010>014-019>021-085-280915-
Niagara-Orleans-Monroe-Wayne-Northern Cayuga-Oswego-Jefferson-Lewis-
Northern Erie-Genesee-Wyoming-Livingston-Ontario-Chautauqua-
Cattaraugus-Allegany-Southern Erie-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for western and north central New
York.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

The potential exists for rain to mix with and turn to accumulating
snow Thursday night into Friday, especially over the higher terrain.
This may lead to areas of hazardous travel, though uncertainty
remains high on potential accumulations at this time.

StormTotalSnowWeb (1).png