Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Cold Season Thread 2020-2021

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

I’ll be in town, staying in a nice Victorian home.

Nice! I was up on Tracy Hill in Roxbury for the week just down the road from Northfield, leaving tomorrow. Snow starting to pick up ever so slightly here. Should be a fun afternoon! Blocked the afternoon off for important "meetings" at Sugarbush. 

31 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I’ll be in town, staying in a nice Victorian home.

Northfield is a nice town.  Norwich University is there. It's the nation's oldest, private military academy.  You can get to Sugarbush relatively easily as well as some other ski areas.  I was president of the golf course for several years and am still a member there so I spend a lot of time there in summer.

21 minutes ago, MRVexpat said:

Nice! I was up on Tracy Hill in Roxbury for the week just down the road from Northfield, leaving tomorrow. Snow starting to pick up ever so slightly here. Should be a fun afternoon! Blocked the afternoon off for important "meetings" at Sugarbush. 

My wife's father grew up on Tracy Hill.  His family owned a farm and he had 18 brothers and sisters.  The family still has a hunting camp on about an acre of land up ther but I don't think anyone has been there for a few years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

My wife's father grew up on Tracy Hill.  His family owned a farm and he had 18 brothers and sisters.  The family still has a hunting camp on about an acre of land up ther but I don't think anyone has been there for a few years.

Very cool. The road leading up to the cabin is one of the steeper class 3 roads I've had the pleasure of driving. Going to be a good test for AWD and snow tires

Snowfall rate has definitely picked up recently, and the flake size has increased. I just measured 1.5" of new snow following my first measurement at 7am, so I'm up to a storm total of 7.4" at this point. Looks like we're going to pound for a few hours now though, so hopefully we can get into double digits before all is said and done. 29F and quite windy.

12 minutes ago, jculligan said:

Snowfall rate has definitely picked up recently, and the flake size has increased. I just measured 1.5" of new snow following my first measurement at 7am, so I'm up to a storm total of 7.4" at this point. Looks like we're going to pound for a few hours now though, so hopefully we can get into double digits before all is said and done. 29F and quite windy.

You and Phin look to be getting crushed for the next several hours.  Good feed into your areas on radar.

15 minutes ago, MRVexpat said:

Very cool. The road leading up to the cabin is one of the steeper class 3 roads I've had the pleasure of driving. Going to be a good test for AWD and snow tires

It is steep.  The first time I ever went to the camp was a sleety, snowy night in November.  The ride back down the hill was white knuckled.  I think the fact that I made it up in the first place was a positive check mark for me with my wife's father and her uncles.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Around 4” at home so far, mountain though seems to only be at 3”.  Looks nice outside though, love a refresh.  Models back some of that precip in this afternoon so I think we can get 6”+ at home.

I’d be on lockout (not certain) for a positive bust later this evening / tonite as that moisture hits somewhere in N VT . Not sure the favored spots with that flow but if any direction sees enhancement should be good 

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’d be on lockout (not certain) for a positive bust later this evening / tonite as that moisture hits somewhere in N VT . Not sure the favored spots with that flow but if any direction sees enhancement should be good 

Yeah hard to say how it works out but that ME/NH moisture is working it’s way in.  Visibility in town has come way down past hour with good snow growth.

I can’t imagine what the NH/ME crew is getting right now.  Just awesome.

Snow abruptly ended around 2pm and we've been in a lull for the last hour or so. So hard to tell with drifting, but I'm logging my storm total as 11" so far. Looks like a few more bands rotating westward out of Maine, so I'm anticipating a little more before this is a done deal.

3" of snow overnight.  Lull this AM.  Snow started again this afternoon but has ended with some breaks.    Another 1/2" 

GFS was right as it predicted about this amount for me.  I will learn next time that the up and downslope amounts on the GFS are not necessarily overdone.  I have not had time today to look through tons of pages on the forums.  Other than the Cape did anyone in New England have less than me?  Arrggghhh

Picked up .5" today,  running total 9.8"   Deep winter feel out there right now--snowpack IMBY doesn't seem that different from mid Dec when I had 30" OTG right after that storm. Depth was 20.5" at 7am this morning, probably settled some today.

22F with some under the radar needles falling slowly.