• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

Got the first “roads are caving” pic of the season. Some pretty decent snow falling as the Huron connected snowband has shifted overhead.

31BF742D-DCD9-48D0-AD18-6EB848F746A2.thumb.jpeg.59c87268c42c19c8a22ce0db56a23905.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, Voyager said:

I must be making up for those "Tamaqua Split" events the past few years...lol

What are you using to aerify? A machine or a manual one, and if manual, did you make it yourself or buy one? I want to aerate my yard and sand dress it, but I'm landlocked so a big machine isn't an option.

I usually rent a machine and do it myself. This year i paid my friend who is a landscaper to do it

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

get the sleds out B)

Lol if it keeps snowing like this I might be able to. I’m up to 1.3”, and that’s here at 1300’ off the Laurel’s 

AFE6FB45-9099-438A-AB59-52D5FC3BAC8C.thumb.jpeg.16407258f1548e36d9219db4e349859c.jpeg

• Like 3

Lol if it keeps snowing like this I might be able to. I’m up to 1.3”, and that’s here at 1300’ off the Laurel’s 
AFE6FB45-9099-438A-AB59-52D5FC3BAC8C.thumb.jpeg.16407258f1548e36d9219db4e349859c.jpeg

Very nice. Even had some snow flurry activity down to Hagerstown this morning.

So 2.0” was what I measured with that band of snow here. Took a drive up to the top of the mountain west of town and there was probably about 3” or so up there. Roads were a disaster, especially up there where it was  27°.

3501E8B8-2EAB-4D7A-AE0E-FCA826F7F5A4.thumb.jpeg.e9cce1e8cc68ab32e79a89d4389408a1.jpegC0122B36-40EA-4E8F-A8FC-FAB587C1FE97.thumb.jpeg.eb9b3da0df9e8c1981caf95cc3002b2d.jpeg

• Like 2

When the sun is out I can see an occasional flake floating through the air before it’s whisked away by a gust of wind and a deluge of falling leaves. Looks a lot like typical early November in State College.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

So 2.0” was what I measured with that band of snow here. Took a drive up to the top of the mountain west of town and there was probably about 3” or so up there. Roads were a disaster, especially up there where it was  27°.

3501E8B8-2EAB-4D7A-AE0E-FCA826F7F5A4.thumb.jpeg.e9cce1e8cc68ab32e79a89d4389408a1.jpegC0122B36-40EA-4E8F-A8FC-FAB587C1FE97.thumb.jpeg.eb9b3da0df9e8c1981caf95cc3002b2d.jpeg

awesome!! 

Your Silverado looks like mine :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I usually rent a machine and do it myself. This year i paid my friend who is a landscaper to do it

Thanks for the reply. The only way I'd get a machine into my backyard is to go through the house...lol

I live in a row with no pass through and no back alley/gate to wheel it in. Guess I need to look into something I can use manually and make myself, unless there's a manufacturer that makes one.

The previous owner left us those "spike shoes" that strap on to your street shoes, but that was a lesson in futility.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Windy here but I don't think it's as windy as it is in the 'Burg...

It ebbs and flows mostly, it's not a top 100 windy day or anything but it's pretty consistent with the gusts. That one big one was probably the only one over 35 we'd had. But there are still lots of PPL outages. 

14 minutes ago, paweather said:

It's Kite Season!

I'd sure like to tell a few people to go fly one !!

Cant wait for tomorrow to be over.  I'll be up north for the rest of the week, and am glad of it.  Limited cell...NO TV...just light music in the background...if at all.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Cant wait for tomorrow to be over.  I'll be up north for the rest of the week, and am glad of it.  Limited cell...NO TV...just light music in the background...if at all.   

You and me both. And that sounds like a great place to be these days. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You and me both. And that sounds like a great place to be these days. 

social distancing.....

:P

Just tired of it all...I know I'm not alone.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I wish I could do that! Good stuff it is for the best. What about the liquid? Beer, correct? :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Cant wait for tomorrow to be over.  I'll be up north for the rest of the week, and am glad of it.  Limited cell...NO TV...just light music in the background...if at all.   and beer, lots and lots of beer

fixed it bro

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, paweather said:

I wish I could do that! Good stuff it is for the best. What about the liquid? Beer, correct? :-)

beer or a mixed drink....I'm easy to please.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

fixed it bro

thx pal.  Yes, there will be bevvies upon conclusion of the days hunting.  Sounds like camo pants may get the knife and turned into shorts by weeks end....yuk.  Just want fall weather, not 70's.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

thx pal.  Yes, there will be bevvies upon conclusion of the days hunting.  Sounds like camo pants may get the knife and turned into shorts by weeks end....yuk.  Just want fall weather, not 70's.  

I need Saturday and the following week to be decent as we're starting phase 1 of our new firehouse. But i agree with you, i don't want 70s