• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

1 hour ago, weatherlover said:

When does snow look to start around Boone.  We are headed that way now from shelby

Met or AsheCounty might be your guys for this question but it should be snowing off and on all day, but late morning-early afternoon looks prime with the upper level energy swinging through. If it’s snow you’re looking for and Boone doesn’t deliver, you can always head west to Banner Elk - or at least that’s what I always did while snow chasing in college. 

1 hour ago, weatherlover said:

When does snow look to start around Boone.  We are headed that way now from shelby

Really anytime this morning.  As you see it has started snowing in several spots already.  

Met or AsheCounty might be your guys for this question but it should be snowing off and on all day, but late morning-early afternoon looks prime with the upper level energy swinging through. If it’s snow you’re looking for and Boone doesn’t deliver, you can always head west to Banner Elk - or at least that’s what I always did while snow chasing in college. 

Yup. We may be heading up after lunch sometime. Was thinking linville over to banner elk.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Local Yokel Wx said:

Nice snow globe action this morning in Waynesville, not sticking but pretty. Only trace amounts grass, deck, and cars

@WxKnurd, my buddy up Chad Crawford sent me some pics. Solid dusting up to a half inch he said (around 9:45am). 

It’s coming down good.  Definitely at half an inch-plus now. 23 on the truck thermometer. Headed to Mt Sterling area to do some exploring.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Heavy snow squall in town with visibility less than 1/4 mile. Very impressive!

Just had a heavy band move through here too. Probably picked up 1/2” in 15-20 minutes.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Heavy snow squall in town with visibility less than 1/4 mile. Very impressive!

Real heavy, it was putting it down when I drove through. Wife sent a picture of the deck and looked like we are past an inch and working on a second now at home.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Real heavy, it was putting it down when I drove through. Wife sent a picture of the deck and looked like we are past an inch and working on a second now at home.

Just measured 2 inches on the upper deck. The driveway had melted off by about 11 AM, but now it totally covered again. Wind has picked up and I can't see Town Hall now with these very low visibilities. 

• Like 3

About time it started coming down in Boone. Green to white in about 20 minutes and visibility is horrible. About time for the wrecks to commence for people not ready.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Just had a heavy shower. Well over an inch here, maybe two. I know it's freezing. Temp is 21.8 and the wind has really picked up. 

Yeah since the snow has come in the temp has really fallen off 

• Like 1