• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Andre Empire
    Newest Member
    Andre Empire

September 2020 Discussion

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I’m thinking 36-37F locally.  We may mist/fog soon.

Well I was wrong.  No fog and we are frosted hard.  Grass frozen, roof tops white, cars frozen.

Went out with the dog and that grass sure is crunchy!

MVL 33/31 and the PWS a quarter mile from me is sitting 32F.  Looks like it’s 39F up at 1500ft.

18CD89FB-AE83-42AF-A24D-17D7FD834C66.jpeg.d3f72e14bf2c794ccd736f73f1321f1d.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

About right? 

Feels earlier than recent years but I bet it’s very normal if you look past the recent “September is a summer month” stuff.

Funny to see the wundergorund temps. We are currently 5-8* warmer than stations in Amherst, in the fall the cold air just settles in there. Past two years our first frost has come ~2 weeks later than theirs as well. 44* for a low here. House is at 63, shorts with a hoodie type day.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Feels earlier than recent years but I bet it’s very normal if you look past the recent “September is a summer month” stuff.

Actually looks like it was early for 32F... still not sure if MVL hit 32F but they were 33/31 and several local PWS hit 32F, so they might have.  We’ll see when the 12z max/min come out.

Looking at this, September 15th would be early, with Morrisville showing up as September 27th for a median.  Actually looks like the record is 9/11/95, so we are only 4 days from that.  It’s also only a 30-something year POR though.

image.thumb.png.05b25df0a6ff1a72d6c9616efbacf60b.png

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Wow, 37.8 here for the low...my new place radiates so well. I expected low 40s, not upper 30s

Where were you before again?

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Actually looks like it was early for 32F... still not sure if MVL hit 32F but they were 33/31 and several local PWS hit 32F, so they might have.  We’ll see when the 12z max/min come out.

Looking at this, September 15th would be early, with Morrisville showing up as September 27th for a median.  Actually looks like the record is 9/11/95, so we are only 4 days from that.  It’s also only a 30-something year POR though.

Yeah that likely is early, even for a short POR. Nice. Green at 1500' death at 750'? 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those are 30 year extremes...not all-time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Where were you before again?

I was in Newtown, moved to Southbury. I sit in a small valley...the soil is really sandy and we have had very little rain, so it is bone dry. That probably aids a bit in the radiating department. I have a 3 year old Vantage Pro 2, so it should be close to reality.

Just now, Spanks45 said:

I was in Newtown, moved to Southbury. I sit in a small valley...the soil is really sandy and we have had very little rain, so it is bone dry. That probably aids a bit in the radiating department. I have a 3 year old Vantage Pro 2, so it should be close to reality.

That's what confused me, it says Newtown on your avatar...I was like wait...I thought he moved..lol. 

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies look mild to start October. Coldest until Thanksgiving?

weeklies have been furnace atrocious 

• Like 1