• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

August 2020 Obs

New month, new Obs.

Not even 10 AM and already 85/80. Picked up a surprised .15" overnight. Finally hit the jackpot today after some 3 weeks with very little rain. Storms have dumped .99" this afternoon after a high of 94.

Finally getting a nice storm here too. Somewhere around/over an inch so far. Temp dropped from 90 to 75! Sweet!

1 hour ago, Solak said:

Finally getting a nice storm here too. Somewhere around/over an inch so far. Temp dropped from 90 to 75! Sweet!

Ended up with 1.34" for the day and the storms dropped temp down to 73. 

Just dumped 1.48" out of the gauge. If we get the expected rains from the TS (models say 2-4", 3-5") it's going to be pretty soggy by mid week around here.

Well, I thought it was supposed to be less mugly today, but it's currently 86/79 out there at noon.

The humidity feels like it was cut in half and there is a breeze this morning.  I’ll take it and love it!

1 hour ago, RT1980 said:

The humidity feels like it was cut in half and there is a breeze this morning.  I’ll take it and love it!

Lucky you. 88/77 here with no breeze at all. Just finished mowing and trimming my yard.

I’m at work in Midland NC and the weather is wonderful compared to what it has been Sir!  This trough is a great break!

Not a bad day here today considering how usually when a hurricane moves by it generally heats up. Currently at 1:15 pm it is 85/75.

Just missed a large storm but did get some light rain out of it. .02" so far. Help to drop temp down to 79/76 from 89.

Had a good thunderstorm this afternoon. Still raining lightly. Picked up .62" so far. This puts me at 3.52" just 6 days into this month which is more than I got in all of July.

Storms are almost stationary today. Had .7 earlier which gets me to 4 inches on the month already. 

Lots of rain IMBY last night - over 1.3 inches.

Tonight is a repeat.  The heaviest rain has been all around us, but still another decent amount.  The rain this year has been prolific.

It's the beginning of August, and I'm only 3-4 inches off my average yearly total for this location.

13 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Looks like the triad is getting absolutely hanmered and possible flash flooding 

Bit of an understatement. My daughter lives in Wallburg and she said that the creek below her with surrounding horse farm field was buried and hence Hwy 109 was impassable. Nearby Weather Underground PWS station showed 4.73" of rain in just over an hour and a half. Hate to think what the flood prone area in downtown Greensboro wound up with.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCROLLI2?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

KNCROLLI2 2020-08-06 rain.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chuck said:

Bit of an understatement. My daughter lives in Wallburg and she said that the creek below her with surrounding horse farm field was buried and hence Hwy 109 was impassable. Nearby Weather Underground PWS station showed 4.73" of rain in just over an hour and a half. Hate to think what the flood prone area in downtown Greensboro wound up with.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCROLLI2?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

KNCROLLI2 2020-08-06 rain.jpg

Actually downtown Greensboro was on the edge of the storm and didn’t get much rain at all.

• Like 1

Have now had measurable rain on seven of the last eight days, and am approaching 2x my entire July rainfall.  I wasn't expecting anything today but a some bonus storms have dropped 0.32".  My weekly total is 6.35 with 3.97 coming from the hurricane.

Overall my summer rainfall has been very streaky, something like 2/3rd of my total since June 1st has come in only two different weeks, this week and one back in mid June.

• Like 1