Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All I could think of was in winter on a night when everyone is in the 20s, ORH sneaks to 28F, STEM is 25F, etc that hilltop would stay 30+ all night?

We/I definitely take the obs too literally, but I enjoy the nuances of New England climate.

When he is 32.1 we’ll call it 34.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

In winter it would be 30.7 and not right at 32. 

“We never got above freezing”...when it touched 34.6 for an hour. 

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

“Didn’t  get below 60.. except when it was 58.”

I shot a 78...except I took three mulligans off the tee and didn’t take a penalty stroke when I couldn’t find my ball in the woods.

5 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Thanks! Nice and quiet in this part of town. Looks like it will be a great radiating spot, not quite the lowest point, but I will put the Davis down toward the edge of the property. :D

20200820_100258.jpg

Nice layout there. A pool is always a plus. My wife and I were making some moves on houses this summer and a pool was certainly on my list after COVID this year. But the market being insane and us being comfortable where we are, has us staying put for now. 

• Thanks 1

When it comes to the time where my girlfriend and I are ready to move in together and we get a place the top 3 things on my list are;

1) A GREAT view to the west/north for t'storm viewing

2) Minimal spider activity...going to get it sprayed heavily 

3) Open enough to measure snowfall and set up a weather station

• Weenie 1

Just now, dryslot said:

They always seem to manage them up there, And i'm sure many go undetected over the unpopulated NW areas too.

ME averages about 2 tornadoes per year but I wouldn't be shocked if it's probably much closer to 3. With dual pol now perhaps they can start being detected more but they get some really nasty supercells mid-to-late summer every year it seems. 

20 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Thanks! Nice and quiet in this part of town. Looks like it will be a great radiating spot, not quite the lowest point, but I will put the Davis down toward the edge of the property. :D

20200820_100258.jpg

Awesome congrats, And start with 10lbs of shock........lol

Just now, weatherwiz said:

ME averages about 2 tornadoes per year but I wouldn't be shocked if it's probably much closer to 3. With dual pol now perhaps they can start being detected more but they get some really nasty supercells mid-to-late summer every year it seems. 

Should be easier now to detect so yes.

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

We had to do the same at my boys, The green Algae got established, Shock and algecide, Back to crystal clear.

Been lucky this year, sparkle since day 1. Izzy made a mess but I cleared it up with lots of net fulls of twigs,leaves and debris. Shocked it after cleaning and it was good as new. Temp down to 71 so this afternoons swim will be a tad chilly. Maybe a couple  3 weeks is all we have left.  Flying by

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Been lucky this year, sparkle since day 1. Izzy made a mess but I cleared it up with lots of net fulls of twigs,leaves and debris. Shocked it after cleaning and it was good as new. Temp down to 71 so this afternoons swim will be a tad chilly. Maybe a couple  3 weeks is all we have left.  Flying by

Lot of trees around, The Acorns, Leafs and Pine Needles are a problem, Its a battle on the phosphates and the PH, But we have a handle on it now.

Pool1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Lot of trees around, The Acorns, Leafs and Pine Needles are a problem, Its a battle on the phosphates and the PH, But we have a handle on it now.

Pool1.jpg

Beautiful,  love the trees. They do raise havoc,  the 2 years with gypsy caterpillars was the worst.  Constantly adding algeacide 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Beautiful,  love the trees. They do raise havoc,  the 2 years with gypsy caterpillars was the worst.  Constantly adding algeacide 

Yes, We've had caterpillars in there as well the last month or so, Frogs are a problem as well if we don't get them out in time.