Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been barely enough to get the topsoil wet which helps, but it just keeps missing. Would be nice to grab an inch. Plants and grass ok, but already getting some small burn patches.

It blows and now another dry 5-7 days . One little hamlet in the whole state seems to be lush and green and rains daily in CT

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It blows and now another dry 5-7 days . One little hamlet in the whole state seems to be lush and green and rains daily in CT

It’s one thing if dogs run around and trample everything with poop and paws and you don’t care.  But, for those that enjoy a nice yard, sux. 

54 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Did you get the nice pre-storm cool breezes? Those are the best on hot steamy days.

Yes!  I was on the way back from walking to cvs a mile away and racing to beat the rain. Just as I got to my street the cool breeze came.  

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s one thing if dogs run around and trample everything with poop and paws and you don’t care.  But, for those that enjoy a nice yard, sux. 

They had cooling breezes while everyone else was hot and muggy last week, have had daily rains and lush and green and a big microburst today. The pictures are gonna be great . Cannot wait!

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

It kind of sucks that the only official station in Franklin County is in Orange, the easternmost town.  There is another 60 miles of county beyond that with no reporting sites.  I’m not sure why Turners Falls airport doesn’t have a station? 

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My lawn looks great. Needs the 2nd cutting this week. Perhaps you should get a dog?

2nd weak TS of the day after none since last Oct 1.  The 11:15 version dropped 0.15" but this one maybe half as much.  Still will triple precip since May 16.  Much better echoes a few miles to our east - what else is new, other than the direction.
I was sure we were going to get missed today but glad we didn't. New landscaping and mulch took a hot and washed some mulch down the hill. Will have to buy a few bags to touch up, but it was worth the 0.81" we got. Disappointed to see tomorrow went from sun to mostly cloudy with afternoon showers