• Member Statistics

    15,843
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]
    Joined
weatherwiz

Monday, May 11, 2020 Gusty t’storms

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol he looks pissed 

Nothing compared to the look on my wife's face when she looked out the window.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreaves said:

Nothing compared to the look on my wife's face when she looked out the window.

Lol that's funny stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

West side is getting destroyed.

Jericho, Vermont

96664743_10216827502176027_7285043873011

Wow. That’s sick, but they are getting deformed so tons of latent cooling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

West side is getting destroyed.

Jericho, Vermont

96664743_10216827502176027_7285043873011

It's made it to the east now

IMG_1765.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CTValleySnowMan said:

Just got pounded with pea size hail, wind, and a couple of close ctg lightning. Hail covering the ground.  

 

Pretty awesome isnt it. I had 2 hailers today. Most hail in years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest hail storm in about 10 years for me, some legit nugs in there.  Impressive !

More frozen in the last 20 minutes than the last 20 weeks it seems like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow. That’s sick, but they are getting deformed so tons of latent cooling.

Ekster and I getting ready to hammer latent cooling in late season events at our office workshop Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brewbeer said:

Biggest hail storm in about 10 years for me, some legit nugs in there.  Impressive !

More frozen in the last 20 minutes than the last 20 weeks it seems like.

 

Not sure where you are at but the cell definitely spiked up through Agawam, Forest Park, and E Longmeadow.  Maybe also up into Chicopee.  Has weakened a bit since.  Anyway, congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Nothing compared to the look on my wife's face when she looked out the window.

My wife is livid.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow. That’s sick, but they are getting deformed so tons of latent cooling.

My backyard now.  Increasing rapidly.

This is wild.  What an over-performer on May 11th.  Just pounding snow.

2L8A5301_edited-1-1.jpg.b25ca6dd52f60300a7da9ea6055e0d0e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Ekster and I getting ready to hammer latent cooling in late season events at our office workshop Wednesday.

You love to see it. Latent ftw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, powderfreak said:

My wife is livid.

My backyard now.

Increasing rapidly.

This is wild.  What an over-performer on May 11th.

2L8A5301_edited-1-1.jpg.b25ca6dd52f60300a7da9ea6055e0d0e.jpg

Insane. What was your high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Insane. What was your high?

Ha!  I didn't even think of that. 

MVL was 57F for a high around 1pm!  Now paste job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, powderfreak said:

My wife is livid.

My backyard now.  Increasing rapidly.

This is wild.  What an over-performer on May 11th.  Just pounding snow.

2L8A5301_edited-1-1.jpg.b25ca6dd52f60300a7da9ea6055e0d0e.jpg

I'm ruing the fact that by next November/December 2020 will have used up all of it's snow allotment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Insane. What was your high?

 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha!  I didn't even think of that. 

MVL was 57F for a high around 1pm!  Now paste job.

MPV was 52° around 1:00  33° now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreaves said:

I'm ruing the fact that by next November/December 2020 will have used up all of it's snow allotment

Looks like the deform band is moving a bit east of here.  That narrow higher reflectivity band was just ripping snow.

You should be getting into that.

May_11d.gif.61e3eb509f82e470e344d1e3c4764e4a.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You love to see it. Latent ftw.

Honestly the models handled it pretty well. RAP forecast soundings have MVL pounding snow right now.

Pretty isothermal up to 2500-3000 ft, but cools that layer quickly from 23 to 00z on the forecast soundings. So you drop a bunch of aggregates into the near surface isothermal zone and you cool from melting down to freezing. Great stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like the deform band is moving a bit east of here.  That narrow higher reflectivity band was just ripping snow.

You should be getting into that.

May_11d.gif.61e3eb509f82e470e344d1e3c4764e4a.gif

Yes, that looks about right judging by what's outside my window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

hail.jpg.69278bc50bc440cb205fabdb3f08b2a7.jpg

hail1.jpg.8592704e532440c92a2cab6e6932e349.jpg

Wow, glad we didn’t see anything like that here. That would knock the buds right off the fruit trees.

Just a passing shower in Greenfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Honestly the models handled it pretty well. RAP forecast soundings have MVL pounding snow right now.

Pretty isothermal up to 2500-3000 ft, but cools that layer quickly from 23 to 00z on the forecast soundings. So you drop a bunch of aggregates into the near surface isothermal zone and you cool from melting down to freezing. Great stuff.

The QPF seemed to over-perform too.  I mean the summits had to get wrecked with a fast 6-10".

 MVL had 0.76" water in the past 6 hours with H85 of around 0C, that'll bring snow to the surface.

Last four hours especially:

5pm.. 0.19"

6pm... 0.17"

7pm... 0.12"

8pm... 0.16"

That's how you dynamically cool off... keep throwing 0.10-0.20" per hour into the bucket. 

This was more exciting for the surprise factor than the other day locally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Power outages going up around the region.  West slopes particularly.  This stuff is sloppy wet, unlike the drier colder snow the other day.

Stowe at 1,100ft

96857495_10158317824409190_4875899968252

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Honestly the models handled it pretty well. RAP forecast soundings have MVL pounding snow right now.

Pretty isothermal up to 2500-3000 ft, but cools that layer quickly from 23 to 00z on the forecast soundings. So you drop a bunch of aggregates into the near surface isothermal zone and you cool from melting down to freezing. Great stuff.

Yep. I didn’t look closely, but I see what you are  saying. Epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.