Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Nice looking week ahead..

Monday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

The rest of the month looks just perfect...few 80 degree days but the real heat looks to be over...at least sustained heat.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just got back from the Dacks. Hit up 5 more high peaks with some friends. On Thursday we started hiking around 2:30 am to make it up to Algonquin for a sunrise hike. Absolutely the most incredible sunrise I've ever seen. Perfect conditions up there. In the upper 40s, no wind.

d7lTRA9.jpg

KHFfpSD.jpg

V1SsSYA.jpg

Is it too early or is there sparse color showing in the foliage? 40's are chilly...shoot were going to be in the upper 60' s for highs tomorrow in most places with lows in the upper 40's to low 50's...i can only imagine some 30's on the higher peaks??? Beautiful pics as well BW!

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Is it too early or is there sparse color showing in the foliage? 40's are chilly...shoot were going to be in the upper 60' s for highs tomorrow in most places with lows in the upper 40's to low 50's...i can only imagine some 30's on the higher peaks??? Beautiful pics as well BW!

I didn't see any color change up there quite yet. At the lower elevations it was in the mid 80s while we were there. Up above 4k feet there are different type of trees. Usually they start to change in beginning part of September up there and max out last week of Sep/first week of October depending on the year. 

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

The first one there seems quite intense. Always wonder if those intense ones would survive on land enough to be called a tornado.

Had one in October 2018.  Was a waterspout in Buffalo Harbor, lifted up and then touched back down briefly in West Seneca.  EF 0 but it did rip a roof off an apartment complex. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Had one in October 2018.  Was a waterspout in Buffalo Harbor, lifted up and then touched back down briefly in West Seneca.  EF 0 but it did rip a roof off an apartment complex. 

Yep I remember this. Right near the OP border right near Ninos Pizza on OP Road. Was pretty impressive for a quick spin up from a waterspout that managed to touch back down. 

I have LOVED this very brief cool-down. As I look at the extended forecast, what the HECK happened to our slightly below average temps that were supposed to come??? I see 8 consecutive days of temps in the 80s and a few close to 90. Gah. Let me guess - the tropical systems will push the ridge north? :( 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Man was just looking through some post from the old channel 4 weather blog back in 2008 and man those were the days haha. ThinkSnow18 were you Sled Hill back on the blog back then or am I thinking of somebody else lol? 

Good times i started posting there back in early 2007 when Don first started it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

Good times i started posting there back in early 2007 when Don first started it. 

Lmao no I'm not Sled Hill and I'm in Williamsville now...but fwiw being Sled would be interesting...to be able to shift an entire weather pattern just with your mere presence would be kinda cool...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Man was just looking through some post from the old channel 4 weather blog back in 2008 and man those were the days haha. ThinkSnow18 were you Sled Hill back on the blog back then or am I thinking of somebody else lol? 

I joined shortly after you I believe. Loved trolling chris from Pendleton. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I have LOVED this very brief cool-down. As I look at the extended forecast, what the HECK happened to our slightly below average temps that were supposed to come??? I see 8 consecutive days of temps in the 80s and a few close to 90. Gah. Let me guess - the tropical systems will push the ridge north? :( 

Yeah next 7 days look like 85 and sunny. Perfect weather!! Keep the heat rolling right into October and lets get cold from Nov-March. Last years November really screwed us though, it was our only cold winter month. But its not always like that. Nov 2014 was really cold and it persisted through the winter. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Right now Buf is at +3.3 for the month. Likely +5 or so once the month is over. 

The tropics look to get interested the next few weeks! 

Would that make it the warmest July/Aug combo on record? 

Love when tropical season gets going but hoping no one gets hit with anything major this year. No one needs to deal with a major hurricane landfall with everything else going on in 2020.