• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Danny8
    Newest Member
    Danny8

May Banter 2020

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah, outside of like golf and nascar, seems like we’re still more than a month away from any major sport starting back up. No new news on baseball and it’s almost June. Not a good sign 

Sounds like baseball is on a similar timeline. Not official yet, but I expect it soon.

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Sounds like baseball is on a similar timeline. Not official yet, but I expect it soon.

Hopefully but if they plan to start in early July they better get it going. Need at least a 2-3 week “summer training”

1 hour ago, yoda said:

NHL regular season over... will resume with 24 team playoff... but not before July 1st per announcement from Bettman

@Scraff @nj2va @nw baltimore wx

I was listening to the Bettman presser. When he explained the draft it sounded confusimg as hell lol

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Something has to be up with baseball. The Os released 30 some players so contracts must be getting done.

41 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I was listening to the Bettman presser. When he explained the draft it sounded confusimg as hell lol

I'm hoping they still have the playoffs. The good news would be that with a bye, the Caps can’t get bounced in round 1. 

43 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Something has to be up with baseball. The Os released 30 some players so contracts must be getting done.

I'm hoping they still have the playoffs. The good news would be that with a bye, the Caps can’t get bounced in round 1. 

How does the round robin games work between the top 4 teams in each conf.?

Didn't quite understand that other than it will determine seeds 1 - 4.

10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

How does the round robin games work between the top 4 teams in each conf.?

Didn't quite understand that other than it will determine seeds 1 - 4.

Yeah it’s just to get to the seeding, won’t eliminate any of the top 4. 

• Like 1

If the NHL and NBA are going to do this summer conclusion to the season, are they going to delay the start of next season?  They can't go right from the playoffs to a short break to the full next season.  The sport calendar is going to be packed in Aug/Sept if this all works out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

If the NHL and NBA are going to do this summer conclusion to the season, are they going to delay the start of next season?  They can't go right from the playoffs to a short break to the full next season.  The sport calendar is going to be packed in Aug/Sept if this all works out.

Good point. Honestly I think the NBA and NHL should have just scrapped this year and start fresh for next season (hopefully). Baseball still has a shot to play half a season but it doesn’t make sense for the sports that were in progress. Just my opinion 

18 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

NHL is trying for a full season starting in the fall but I can’t imagine that working out. 

21 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Good point. Honestly I think the NBA and NHL should have just scrapped this year and start fresh for next season (hopefully). Baseball still has a shot to play half a season but it doesn’t make sense for the sports that were in progress. Just my opinion 

I heard from a finacial standpoint the NHL needs to have its post season. The NBA maybe not.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

NHL is trying for a full season starting in the fall but I can’t imagine that working out. 

I read awhile back about a December start to next year with a full season and no all star break.

My personal opinion, but if the NHL starts its next season in December I'm OK with that.  The regular season is too freakin' long.  When they had the strike-shortened season it was great because every game meant something.  And the NHL Center Ice subscription was only 50 bucks.

Bobby Orr did his flying leap on May 10 (50th anniversary this year!).  Now the Stanley Cup final goes into June.  Even Canadians are bored with hockey in June.  They need to shorten the season.  They won't, though.

6 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

It's a week out forecast, but ensembles also look comfortably cool to ring in meteorological summer next week!

Indeed but the temp maps are valid 00z so what is shown aren’t the max highs, and the euro is most aggressive with the chill. But yes, we probably won’t go higher than upper 60s to around 70 Monday. 

Funny excerpt from NWS Houston:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=HGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Beyond 240 hours? Why are you asking beyond 240 hours? If beyond
240 hours you go, only pain will you find. Yes, I see what the
GFS is doing way out there, and I bring it up for the SOLE.
PURPOSE. of being a buzzkill. We are now approaching the time of
year when the GFS loves to generate tropical cyclones in the
western Gulf out of the Central American Gyre in its extended
range. The GFS does this...a lot. Every once in a great while, it
happens in real life, too! So, if someone starts buzzing about
the hurricane in the Gulf in two weeks, let us all take a deep
breath and remember that far more likely than not, this is just
the GFS reminding us that it is almost June, and nothing more.
Regardless of what one model says about a couple weeks out, it is
almost hurricane season, and we should be working on being
prepared for anything that may come in the next several months as
a matter of course. 25
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Getting happy hour going 15 mins early (if you believe in 3pm happy hours) with Dans Jams blackberry and black currant sour from full tilt

FFEFFA2F-F87C-4047-A0E4-6B2B272B359A.jpeg

Rounding out happy hour with RAR out of order peanut butter and jelly sour. Yes, I’m ending happy hour early, trying to stick to just 2 beers in a sitting 

D666D34C-3EB1-4B54-9713-6BC9FB72BB50.jpeg

• Like 1

So I bought a Honda mower today- the same one @George BM has and recommended. My dad has basically the same thing, but his has an electric start. I am good with pull start.

I'll get it put together on Saturday.

Enjoying an Oliver 206 IPA right now.

47 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So I bought a Honda mower today- the same one @George BM has and recommended. My dad has basically the same thing, but his has an electric start. I am good with pull start.

I'll get it put together on Saturday.

Enjoying an Oliver 205 IPA right now.

Never had a 205.  But 206 by Oliver is rather tasty. :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, weatherCCB said:

Never had a 205.  But 206 by Oliver is rather tasty. :D

Yes its a 206.

Fat fingers me lol. Fixed :P

3 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Funny excerpt from NWS Houston:

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=HGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Beyond 240 hours? Why are you asking beyond 240 hours? If beyond
240 hours you go, only pain will you find. Yes, I see what the
GFS is doing way out there, and I bring it up for the SOLE.
PURPOSE. of being a buzzkill. We are now approaching the time of
year when the GFS loves to generate tropical cyclones in the
western Gulf out of the Central American Gyre in its extended
range. The GFS does this...a lot. Every once in a great while, it
happens in real life, too! So, if someone starts buzzing about
the hurricane in the Gulf in two weeks, let us all take a deep
breath and remember that far more likely than not, this is just
the GFS reminding us that it is almost June, and nothing more.
Regardless of what one model says about a couple weeks out, it is
almost hurricane season, and we should be working on being
prepared for anything that may come in the next several months as
a matter of course. 25

Fantastic!

But there will be a tropical system in the basin in the next two weeks. :weenie: 

On 5/26/2020 at 4:57 PM, yoda said:

NHL regular season over... will resume with 24 team playoff... but not before July 1st per announcement from Bettman

@Scraff @nj2va @nw baltimore wx

And by July 10 the Pens will be eliminated! Lol. Kidding aside. I’ll be happy for July Madness. Or July Jammin? ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Looks like I’ll be able to hit the local breweries soon:Doutside of course 

Hallelujah!!:thumbsup: Because I need to have more beer in my life....said me never. Lol

• Like 1