• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hawkeyecr
    Newest Member
    Hawkeyecr

May Banter 2020

22 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am thinking about going with this one.

American Lawn Mower Push Reel Lawn Mower — 18in. Deck ...

If that's too pricey, you can always go with the budget option:

BIG, CHEAP 30 Inch Ribbon Cutting Ceremonial Scissors - Golden ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Replaced the blade, spark plug, filter and drive belt on my Toro mower. Also changed out the oil...it's like a brand new machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Time for a new mower. The Briggs & Stratton on my walk behind SP mower just threw a rod lol. Big hole in the side of the block and what looks like a bolt from the connecting rod/cap is laying on the mower deck.

Any recommendations on a self propelled push mower? This one is a Snapper and worked fine for 7 years, outside of needing some carb cleaning.

I just got a new Honda HRN216VKA self-propelled push mower (a durable mower) after the Toro that we had since 2003 finally gave up the ghost last month if this adds anything of value for you.

• Like 1

My brother and I pushed one of these antiques for years at our Baltimore row home lol. 

PhotoPictureResizer_200525_113119498_crop_1281x2138-512x855.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the way our winters have been lately, that device could double as your “snow blower”. 

• Like 1

Great choice! What did you say you have? 4 acres? You've got PLENTY of time......

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Great choice! What did you say you have? 4 acres? You've got PLENTY of time......

6 acres, but most of it is wooded. I probably have a half acre or so that needs to be mowed.

56 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My brother and I pushed one of these antiques for years at our Baltimore row home lol. 

PhotoPictureResizer_200525_113119498_crop_1281x2138-512x855.jpg

Ha yeah. I remember my dad had one when I was a little kid living in a row house in Edmonson Heights. I may have pushed it around a few times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George BM said:

I just got a new Honda HRN216VKA self-propelled push mower (a durable mower) after the Toro that we had since 2003 finally gave up the ghost last month if this adds anything of value for you.

Well funny you mention that. I was just talking to my dad and that is exactly what he has. He seems very happy with it. For the money, I am leaning in that direction.

• Like 1

Happy Memorial Day y’all. This was just released today by full tilt for presale. Purchased a couple cans. Sounds delicious and worth buying just for the can art. Enjoy the beautiful day 

16ACE511-0DE9-454E-91A4-69897F533554.jpeg

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I watched that line coming in last night on a live feed on FB. Impressive!

There's this thin line over us today, 69 cool degrees with a nice rain falling, and even MORE on the way later today/tonight! Been lovin this! We got 3 inches of rain last night. Thats 10.5 inches on the month lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Might need one of those, got a lot of grass growing down here with all this rain.

• Like 1

SNOW IN MAY!!!:o:o:o  Holy cow, this is more that we got all season during actual winter!!

Nahhh, just kidding!  It's only a coating of cottonwood seeds that are collecting all over the damned place.  But it sure looks like snow, and actually did "accumulate" more than what I saw this year!

(ETA:  I slant-sticked about 3/4 inch total, and it's still falling!)

777798106_CottonwoodSnow.JPG.1ad4e078a186af467d05388209d827bd.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The gulf is almost entirely yellow. It’s warming up.

3.4 region also continued going down. (As of earlier today)

1970CC37-A6E9-4C79-85FB-ED432A186A4C.png

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

What an absolutely amazing weather day. Totally perfect.

@Eskimo Joe and any other fishermen...

Any good ponds In the area that you can recommend? Totally catch and release unless it’s snakehead.

Pleasant Valley Fire Department in Carroll County has a good catch and release lake in front of their fire station. 

17 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Pleasant Valley Fire Department in Carroll County has a good catch and release lake in front of their fire station. 

I wouldn’t upset anyone if I dropped by some afternoon or evening?

12 hours ago, Wonderdog said:

Check out a Toro self- propelled mower. Probably more expensive than a Snapper but hey, you're loaded.

Yea - we had an old Craftsman push mower for 30+ years back home.  Dad bought it in the late 60's.  Was a plain-Jane model with 21" cut and automatic push (that being me!).  Had a cast aluminum deck so it was very light and easy to push.  We changed the oil every few years and it never missed a beat until long after I moved away.  It was pre-safety BS too - no blade interlock or any of the other stuff that is just more things to break.  All the junk on mowers these days is just more stuff to wear out.  

I still have my two Gravely walk behind mowers too - one is a 1962 and the other a 1969.  Don't make them like that anymore too.  No safety stuff other than the owner's manual between the operator's ears.  I still use them on occasion for nostalgic reminiscing. The triple gang reel mower attachment provides a 75" width of cut, and endless gawks from passerby's.  That said, they can't compete with my Kubota BX - no cup holder on the walk behinds.  (profile pic shows the winter setup).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

The gulf is almost entirely yellow. It’s warming up.

3.4 region also continued going down. (As of earlier today)

1970CC37-A6E9-4C79-85FB-ED432A186A4C.png

Basin is warming nicely. Even off the SE coast, those cool temperatures are warmer than normal. TCHP starting to noticeably increase outside the Caribbean too. If the MDR ends up solidly AN, we’re looking at a high end season in terms of overall numbers. 

2020144at.jpg

3.4 dropping toward Niña levels too given the global pattern. 

nino34.png

Memorial day today was absolutely awesome. Had a small BBQ (it's ok, police, it was like 6 people)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Memorial day today was absolutely awesome. Had a small BBQ (it's ok, police, it was like 6 people)

the weekend was nice overall. even saturday's cloudiness. we had one friend and her dogs come over yesterday for an afternoon of beer, food and the sun. kiddo went swimming, though she did not stay in the pool for very long haha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Wait, is that some vintage photo of @H2O Waterboy mowing his lawn back in the day?? :lol:

I never liked that pic. The pants make my ass look HUGE

• Haha 3

What a wonderful memorial day weekend. Had two amazing hikes, one on the Seneca Creek trail and one on Muddy Branch. I finally have my son able to do 3 mile hikes and he's only 4 - he'll be able to outlast me before he knows it.

Then on Memorial Day, we went to Black Rock Regional Park. It was soooo busy but the great thing is, the park and lake are huge and so even with so many people, we didn't even get nearly close to anyone else and got a nice spot down by the lake to picnic at.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, H2O said:

I never liked that pic. The pants make my ass look HUGE

Not so H2O. It’s the overlay of the capital A that gives that illusion in the photo. Your legs, however, would definitely make some of the girls jealous.  As always ....

31 minutes ago, yoda said:

NHL regular season over... will resume with 24 team playoff... but not before July 1st per announcement from Bettman

@Scraff @nj2va @nw baltimore wx

Yeah, outside of like golf and nascar, seems like we’re still more than a month away from any major sport starting back up. No new news on baseball and it’s almost June. Not a good sign