Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

7 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Thinking we might be able to get away with a mostly dry Friday in ern SNE. We need as many dry Fridays and Saturdays as we can get. 

yeah I'm not sure why the general t'storm risk covers the entire region. And there goes the SPC with mentioning tornado in the discussion. I swear...it seems every single convective setup we have now the word tornado gets mentioned. I do agree with the marginal to our west...certainly could see some damaging winds (likely in the form of downbursts as cores collapse). 

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Day 11 without a drop of RA.  I'm a cheapskate with my washer fluid and it seems we almost always get a dry spell about the time of maximum bug/windshield collisions.

Maybe we keep the mosquitoes down because of it though.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah I'm not sure why the general t'storm risk covers the entire region. And there goes the SPC with mentioning tornado in the discussion. I swear...it seems every single convective setup we have now the word tornado gets mentioned. I do agree with the marginal to our west...certainly could see some damaging winds (likely in the form of downbursts as cores collapse). 

It's because we live in an overtly litigious culture, that's why.

You take civility of hard working, sacrificing... principled, virtuous people, feed and masturbate them with surplus over the contiguity of generations, eventually the erosion of those ethics is inevitable.  Look everywhere in Humanity's history. It is empirically shown to be unavoidable, whether reflected in cute childhood parables, painted on cathedrals walls and ceilings, or thematically arced in the greatest literary works of all time. Civilities, as an integration of the individuals, eventually sloths when in realms of abundance - invariably loses those ethics that were needed to construct those same relative utopias.

It's part of the catch -22 ... the same power of enginuity is not sustainable?   When in a Universe that never wastes anything as a Natural Law, the ingenuity that it takes to construct a society of relative opulence, no longer is needed once that opulence is experienced. We didn't evolve the the checks and balances of virtuosity and morality along the way, or at the same rate, as did the power to create all this dazzling (faux) supremacy over Nature. So... the Natural Law kicks in, and the virtue of its sustainability escapes the users; it is not immediately sensed or seen as necessary - an unnecessary use of energy to maintain it - it decays... Cyclic that way, I suppose.  So, what is materializing out of it all this, other than a cocktail of events that signal an eventual end to civility as we know it, is a population of participation-trophy-seeking, self-aggrandizing, 'I'm special" nimrods - sound familiar? 

A little tongue-in-cheekism there... But, if people rolled up sleeves ( or had to...) in life, and earned their figurative orgasms ...they'd be more humble and forgiving, and in realization of the stench of their own - as is?  They believe they don't have to smell their own shit - sloppy metonymy for being disconnected from the foundation of their luxuries. 

We've come to use the law to protect this delusion of expectancy and entitlement that results.. that's why.  It's part of the decay of society, a sign of civility in trouble when litigious self-absorption starts dictating and codifying policy - 

In the 'tornado paradigm' people have succeeded in monetary winfals by mashing up law with dumb-down 'juries of our peers' ... leading to plaintiff cash-ins. So, the policy has to now overstate those threats. It's a "disclaimer defense against the tsunamis of the feckless".   Greedy developers build communities on a flood plains and veritable tornado lab landscapes, and then in rush the me-first, multi-generational, convenience addled-stupefied cultural folk of blinded lust home-buyers. Inevitable flood comes, and the the feckless folk that didn't have the virtue or the patience therein to vet general risk assessment ( let alone circumstantially in a position to even suspect risk at all) .. don't have to worry - there's this litigation to save their asses.  And we don't even need to build on the 'plains and the 'labs, either - the attitude is such a force in culture now, that any inconvenience becomes a winfal to the unprincipled -

• Weenie 1

50 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Day 11 without a drop of RA.  I'm a cheapskate with my washer fluid and it seems we almost always get a dry spell about the time of maximum bug/windshield collisions.

Day 12 here. We’ve had .04 since that supposed severe wx threat two Friday’s ago. Nasty dry nasty pollen. Daily chores keeping things clean. Gotta windex the windshield and front of car for the bugs 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's because we live in an overtly litigious culture, that's why.

You take civility of hard working, sacrificing... principled, virtuous people, feed and masturbate them with surplus over the contiguity of generations, eventually the erosion of those ethics is inevitable.  Look everywhere in Humanity's history. It is empirically shown to be unavoidable, whether reflected in cute childhood parables, painted on cathedrals walls and ceilings, or thematically arced in the greatest literary works of all time. Civilities, as an integration of the individuals, eventually sloths when in realms of abundance - invariably loses those ethics that were needed to construct it.

It's part of the catch -22 ... the same power of enginuity is not sustainable?   When in a Universe that never wastes anything as a Natural Law, the ingenuity that it takes to construct a society of relative opulence, no longer is needed once that opulence is experienced. So... the Natural Law kicks in, and the virtue of its sustainability escapes the users; it is not immediately sensed or seen as necessary - an unnecessary use of energy to maintain it - it decays... Cyclic that way, I suppose.  So, what is materializing out of it all this, other than a cocktail of events that signal an eventual end to civility as we know it, is a population of participation-trophy-seeking, self-aggrandizing entitled nimrods - sound familiar? 

A little tongue-in-cheekism there... But, if people rolled up sleeves ( or had to...) in life, and earned their figurative orgasms ...they'd be more humble and forgiving, and in realization of the stench of their own - as is?  They believe they don't have to smell their own shit - sloppy metonymy for being disconnected from the foundation of their luxuries. 

We've come to use the law to protect this delusion of expectancy and entitlement that results.. that's why.  It's part of the decay of society, a sign of civility in trouble when litigious self-absorption starts dictating and codifying policy - 

In the 'tornado paradigm' people have succeeded in monetary winfals by mashing up law with dumb-down 'juries of our peers' ... leading to plaintiff cash-ins. So, the policy has to now overstate those threats. It's a "disclaimer defense against the tsunamis of the feckless".   Greedy developers build a communities on a flood plains and tornado lab landscapes, and then in rush the me-first, multi-generational, convenience addled-stupefied cultural folk of blinded lust home-buyers. Inevitable flood comes, and the the feckless folk that didn't have the virtue or the patience therein to vet general risk assessment ( let alone circumstantially in a position to even suspect risk at all) .. don't have to worry - there's this litigation to save their asses.  

This was...an interesting take haha. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Day 12 here. We’ve had .04 since that supposed severe wx threat two Friday’s ago. Nasty dry nasty pollen. Daily chores keeping things clean. Gotta windex the windshield and front of car for the bugs 

Its absolutely gorgeous out. We pool. Enjoy 

23 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This was...an interesting take haha. 

Heh... it was a heavy-handed dark satirical take. Unfortunately, like all humor, does carry a modicum of truth/reality - 

I don't know. We've also had more tor events and reporting in recent years - probably owing to the fact there is more popularization to drama and natural events ... lending to more pervasive public awareness. I mean, in 1953, I've read accounts where it was clear, those watching had no f'ing clue what they were seeing; comparing the generations of lore and the general culture back then, where/when public notification policies were formulated, to now?  The world is a different place... the general ability to access 'wall cloud' images and film, and just have an inkling is a presumption at this point.

It's more likely that a guy can identify a suspicious real-time cloud motion/pattern in the sky, and then ...a town loses ten trees and a roof .. a calved off church steeple, next to a soccer field where some handsome athlete(s) gets injured, and his/or her negligent law-accessing, self-absolving unscrupulous parents ultimately raise taxes for everyone to pay for their conversion of that kid's health and vitality into a monetary settlement ... when if they had not assume their asses would be wiped in every turn of their f'n reality and bothered to check the forecast they might have not had their kid on the field at 5:10 pm in 84/67 with a 120 kt 500 mb jet fisting in from the west.... 

you know ... So, the same sky is producing the same shit it did in 1955