Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

So sitting at almost 47k on Thursday April 23rd and it seems possible we are close to 50k after Friday. So only another 10k deaths until the end of May? I don't know folks...I think the gfs is toying with us again 

My guess is will be at 60k by the end of April.

anyone who thinks we will be all hunkydoory by fall is fooling themselves. don't expect "normal" any time soon, if this year at all. masks in public for a good while, social distance while in public, cancelled mass gathering events (concerts, sports). 

its going to take time before things are truly back to normal. be patient people. 

Just now, mappy said:

anyone who thinks we will be all hunkydoory by fall is fooling themselves. don't expect "normal" any time soon, if this year at all. masks in public for a good while, social distance while in public, cancelled mass gathering events (concerts, sports). 

its going to take time before things are truly back to normal. be patient people. 

And that's assuming we can test, contact trace, and isolate.  Without that things will be even less normal.  

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I have a nurse friend who works at Inova and she says they are testing so many people who obviously have covid symptoms yet test negative. She said they treat them positive regardless so the numbers are probably low fwiw

I hope between the false negative tests and the asymptomatic folks, that way more people have been exposed. It would be great if the herd could be exposed and the hospitals not overrun. 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I hope between the false negative tests and the asymptomatic folks, that way more people have been exposed. It would be great if the herd could be exposed and the hospitals not overrun. 

I still say this...let's just assume 30 million people have been exposed...that only leaves another 300 million to go. That's why in my opinion the whole Sweden thing isn't an apples to apples comparison. All my opinions though I certainly can be wrong but I'm not in a decision making role in all of this

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’m starting to think that there’s not going to be school in the fall either.  

5 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I’m starting to think that there’s not going to be school in the fall either.  

uggggh. lets hope thats not the case.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Mappy...I personally don't know anyone that thinks things will be back to" hunkydoory" by the fall . I think we all realize that ...just sayin

i didn't say that anyone did. i can make general statements, no? 

9 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Please show the data that the lockdowns have worked.  And please describe how the socioeconomic consequences are meaningless in your support of the lockdowns. 

Just look at the case counts before/after lockdowns in any state or country.  There Is exponential growth until the lockdown.  It’s very  obvious. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

So social distancing. There are no lockdowns. Words matter.

does it really matter though? in the end we are all being told to stay home, non-essentials closed. this is a silly argument tbh

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

So social distancing. There are no lockdowns. Words matter.

Social distancing would be everything is open and we all are responsible for avoiding handshakes and physical contact where possible.  “Lockdown” is i own a restaurant, i want to open but am not allowed.  Or i have kids i want to take them to the playground, but am not allowed.  But i can use a different term if it is creating confusion.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-hogan-recovery-plan-reopening-state-business-20200423-eoizjh2q5zexpavybyf7yofoju-story.html

Hogan said he hopes to reopen the economy in phases, classifying businesses as high, medium and low risk and making decisions based on factors specific to each space. He said the degree of physical distance in a business, coupled with how much touch it involves for patrons and staff, could contribute to the risk level qualifications.

Hogan also stressed that the state’s recovery roadmap hinges on four pillars: Ramping up Maryland’s testing capacity, instituting contract tracing, increasing the supply of personal protective gear and readying hospitals for a surge in patients that could potential overload the system.

Hogan said he will wait to make decisions about the economy until he sees 14 consecutive days of decreased cases. 

• Thanks 1

• mappy locked this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic