• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

On 2/25/2021 at 5:53 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

After almost 2 years due to Covid I finally had my virtual lawsuit for my fence. I think we put together a pretty solid case. I'll hear back in 2-3 weeks. Either way I'll be getting it properly done later this summer.

Lounge by the pool, sipping your drink in the 90 degree heat....and watch them do it right! :P 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lounge by the pool, sipping your drink in the 90 degree heat....and watch them do it right! :P 

I called the guy who installed my fence a liar under oath in front of the judge, and he was like you can't say that. I'm like I apologize. I definitely loss a few points there. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I called the guy who installed my fence a liar under oath in front of the judge, and he was like you can't say that. I'm like I apologize. I definitely loss a few points there. :lol:

You got scolded by the judge? Good thing it wasn't Judge Judy... :lol:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Throw your butt into Virtual Jail for virtual contempt of court, son!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone else with any vaccine updates? My sister got her 2nd dose and was in bed for about 2 days, she feels fine now. 

I got my second shot of Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon and I haven’t experienced any side effects coming up on 22 hours (knock on wood). I just read that younger people experience more severe side effects because their immune systems have a much more robust response to the vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I got my second shot of Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon and I haven’t experienced any side effects coming up on 22 hours (knock on wood). I just read that younger people experience more severe side effects because their immune systems have a much more robust response to the vaccine. 

Friend of mine got 2nd Pfizer shot the other day, near 60 y.o. He had 101 fever afterwards and the usual flu symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone else with any vaccine updates? My sister got her 2nd dose and was in bed for about 2 days, she feels fine now. 

Mom just got her 2nd Moderna couple days ago...a little slow for a day, but nothing major. Dad just got first Pfizer...no issues other than sore arm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Another big jump down in hospitalizations, down to 48k

image.thumb.png.d42e142fc27354d547d7cf3ea6faaaab.png

I’m really beginning to think that the combination of vaccinations, symptomatic and asymptotic ( I’m guessing there are millions who don’t know they were ever sick) and some naturally immune due to antibodies for the coronavirus the cold strain, as that one German publication researchers found, that were close to the 65% mark for herd immunity. If that’s the case then it’s no wonder as more people become vaccinated then this MIGHT be nearing an end in the next few months. 

• Like 1

I also want to make note of the info BW posted yesterday about Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson still having antibodies after 11months. Could there’s been permanent? If so would they need a vaccination?

34 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I also want to make note of the info BW posted yesterday about Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson still having antibodies after 11months. Could there’s been permanent? If so would they need a vaccination?

Their antibodies were not permanent, they lasted 11 months. However, the virus is no longer "novel" for their bodies. Their bodies know what to do the next time they get covid or a similar variant. They will likely still be able to get infected, but it won't be a severe illness, more likely a common cold. The vaccine is not permanent either, and will likely need booster shots in the future to keep the antibodies alive and well. It will likely be a yearly thing similar to the flu for the next few years.

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m really beginning to think that the combination of vaccinations, symptomatic and asymptotic ( I’m guessing there are millions who don’t know they were ever sick) and some naturally immune due to antibodies for the coronavirus the cold strain, as that one German publication researchers found, that were close to the 65% mark for herd immunity. If that’s the case then it’s no wonder as more people become vaccinated then this MIGHT be nearing an end in the next few months. 

image.thumb.png.e4b1ddf17c16cbfa843f302d7bbddd97.png

image.thumb.png.1cecf6eb01de7f471957c62b611a99d2.png

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I saw! The first step! This could go a long way to some semblance of normalcy this summer!!!

• Like 1

Hoping that little blip coincides with the blip in testing. Also hoping this new variant burns itself out quick...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vortmax said:

Hoping that little blip coincides with the blip in testing. Also hoping this new variant burns itself out quick...

It seems the vaccines are effective vs the variants. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

Hoping they have the state fair this year..

ST baseball has had some%of fans as well, hoping that carries into the reg season...

• Like 1