• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

On 2/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Me and the wife are both negative. This makes me thing I have already had the virus even more back in September.

How's everything else going healthwise? You can DM is you would rather not put that out here. Just hoping for the best...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

How's everything else going healthwise? You can DM is you would rather not put that out here. Just hoping for the best...

I'm doing much better. No episodes in 2 weeks. I'm almost completely off the meds already. It seems it really was the combination of caffeine overdose/alcohol mixture that sent my body into chaos for 2 weeks. I've started doing lots of yoga, meditating, drinking lots of water, and cut back on my caffeine a lot. I'll also never take pre workout ever again.

• Like 2

Should really watch the video here (disregard the article). This isn't tinfoil hat stuff, but pretty strong evidence supporting a non-zoonotic C19 origin. Again, can we agree it's a good idea to understand its origins in order to avoid this craziness in the future?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-warned-china-travel-bans-coronavirus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

I got my first dose of the Pfizer Covid vaccine yesterday afternoon. So far I’ve had absolutely no side effects in fact my arm was more sore after the flu shot. I’m not ready to let my guard down but I feel better that this is a first step back to normalcy. 

I have a few friends who got the 2nd shot and its a doozy.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

I have a few friends who got the 2nd shot and its a doozy.

Yep my fiancé’s dad just got the 2nd covid shot and it put him on his ass so bad he was wishing he didn’t even take it and he’s a tough guy. The first shot he felt great and had no symptoms or reactions what so ever. 

21 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yep my fiancé’s dad just got the 2nd covid shot and it put him on his ass so bad he was wishing he didn’t even take it and he’s a tough guy. The first shot he felt great and had no symptoms or reactions what so ever. 

My wifes great aunt got it shes 96 and she might die from it. I think I'm going to pass on the vaccine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My wifes great aunt got it shes 96 and she might die from it.

It’s why my wife and I have been leery...it has, from day one, been all about the second shot being the one that has possible major side effects. I’m holding out for the Johnson and Johnson one or another 1 shot vaccine.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s why my wife and I have been leery...it has, from day one, been all about the second shot being the one that has possible major side effects. I’m holding out for the Johnson and Johnson one or another 1 shot vaccine.

What if you never take it?:rolleyes:

I can’t even blame Mahomes for last night. He kept some plays alive on absolute jailbreak rushes. A lot of quarterbacks would have been sacked a dozen times. The Chiefs’ had no line and no answer for Brady and Gronk once they got going. Tampa mixed in some nice runs for balance also. The Bucs were the better team, there’s no denying it. The Chiefs will be back. Heck, would it shock anyone if we get the same matchup next year?

• Like 3

I do think the Chiefs could have made better adjustments on offense. Maybe more runs (draws, traps, etc) to quell the rush and quick throws by Mahomes to get the ball out of his hands faster. It seemed like they ran a lot of routes that took way too long to develop given how little time 15 had. The Chiefs rely heavily on  deeper vertical routes but you need good protection for those.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gmendevils8204 said:

I can’t even blame Mahomes for last night. He kept some plays alive on absolute jailbreak rushes. A lot of quarterbacks would have been sacked a dozen times. The Chiefs’ had no line and no answer for Brady and Gronk once they got going. Tampa mixed in some nice runs for balance also. The Bucs were the better team, there’s no denying it. The Chiefs will be back. Heck, would it shock anyone if we get the same matchup next year?

All those penalties on KC in the 1st half made them lose all confidence in winning. That one drive had 4-5 penalties it was insane. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

All those penalties on KC in the 1st half made them lose all confidence in winning. That one drive had 4-5 penalties it was insane. 

Yeah, that was a bad sequence. They kind of lost composure there also. Mathieu was really going crazy. Didn’t like all the jawing he did with Brady either. Tough calls are going to happen but you have to keep your head in a big game.

22 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My wifes great aunt got it shes 96 and she might die from it. I think I'm going to pass on the vaccine.

I'm not rushing out to get the vaccine but when it becomes commonly available by next year I'll probably get it.  I'm taking a wait and see approach and see what shakes out.  I half expect them to announce that "boosters" or multiple different rounds will ultimately be required so I don't feel compelled to be an early adopter.  My main reason for wanting to get it is that overseas travel will probably be restricted without having the vaccine. Which i understand the logic behind it, however much it chafes given the sordid political history we've endured, and continue to have to tolerate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Syrmax said:

I'm not rushing out to get the vaccine but when it becomes commonly available by next year I'll probably get it.  I'm taking a wait and see approach and see what shakes out.  I half expect them to announce that "boosters" or multiple different rounds will ultimately be required so I don't feel compelled to be an early adopter.  My main reason for wanting to get it is that overseas travel will probably be restricted without having the vaccine. Which i understand the logic behind it, however much it chafes given the sordid political history we've endured, and continue to have to tolerate. 

I'm not getting it for a long while.  If that means I can't go to games or concerts, so be it.  Ditto for traveling.  I'm content to stay home.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:22 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

Are you really comparing how a 96 year olds body and how a 20 somethings body would respond to this as if its an equal comparison.  Good grief man.

How many crazy supplements have you taken over the years (of which none are approved by the FDA) yet somehow this vaccine is the thing you're worried about?  Doesn't seem logical. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 10:03 PM, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I've heard both sides.  I  have plenty of friends who said the second shot didnt do a damn thing to them, and others who said it knocked them on their ass for a day.    I want the second shot to knock me on my ass, that's how I'll know its actually creating an immune response.  And big whoop, oh no, you feel crappy for a couple days...whats the big deal?

Furthermore, I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but actually getting the virus causes some pretty bad effects....even killing some people.....  Seems like the lesser of two evils to me. 

But you guys do you. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic