• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Andrew Ross Sorkin was just on MSNBC talking about what’s going on and the way he describes it it’s like you guys are waging a guerrilla war against these hedge funds because you feel that they are keeping the price of these stocks low to keep making money on short trading. He’s convinced that in the long run it’s not going to hurt the hedge funds but a bunch of you will be.

3 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Andrew Ross Sorkin was just on MSNBC talking about what’s going on and the way he describes it it’s like you guys are waging a guerrilla war against these hedge funds because you feel that they are keeping the price of these stocks low to keep making money on short trading. He’s convinced that in the long run it’s not going to hurt the hedge funds but a bunch of you will be.

That makes no sense at all, its already hurting the hedge funds.

23 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Sorkin is an elitist, institutionalist shill, needs to go back to the NYT and rail about Drumpf.  If he's so worried about ppl getting hurt he shouldn't worry, his government will be handing out more stimmy checks and Corona masks to the plebs.

• Like 1

I boot hilled 2 trades today. Sold FUBO too early at 50 and it went to 56 but made +15% and then the coup d'grace, was GOGO. I should have sold for +23% but didn't...then it reversed completely and now i-m a bag holder on my 2nd lot.  FML.

Where my bailout?  Waaaah.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Sorkin is an elitist, institutionalist shill, needs to go back to the NYT and rail about Drumpf.  If he's so worried about ppl getting hurt he shouldn't worry, his government will be handing out more stimmy checks and Corona masks to the plebs.

I worked in banking for 10 years. They got insane bailouts in 2008 for frivolous lending. They used our tax money to give their CEOS massive bonuses despite the crash. It's about time the regular investor gets a piece of the pie.

• Like 1

Watching Fast Money, Grasso made a good point...that these attacks on heavily shorted stocks are essentially scaring the Whales in an already overheated market.   It's not just GME.  The trading service I'm in has algos that target heavily shorted stocks with the right volume profile and we go after them when they trigger.  This has been going on for about 3 months.  I think the VIX spike is going to generate some selling in equities.  Maybe this is the trigger for a correction. 

Just now, Syrmax said:

Watching Fast Money, Grasso made a good point...that these attacks on heavily shorted stocks are essentially scaring the Whales in an already overheated market.   It's not just GME.  The trading service I'm in has algos that target heavily shorted stocks with the right volume profile and we go after them when they trigger.  This has been going on for about 3 months.  I think the VIX spike is going to generate some selling in equities.  Maybe this is the trigger for a correction. 

What website are you able to see to keep track of hedge fund shorts?

Snipped from r/WSB

The media is Gaslighting you (Again):

The total market cap of $GME is around $12B as I'm writing this. The total market cap of Wall Street is around $50T. That means we've currently displaced about .025% of the total value of the US stock market. I will type that out to reiterate: we (retail traders) have displaced approximately one quarter of one tenth of one percent of the total market cap. To claim that we are doing anything which is tremendously harmful to the whole market is absolutely pants-on-fire lies. Is this going to change some elements of the market moving into the future? Almost certainly. But even if this stock goes to $1000 per share, we are still only talking about less than one tenth of one percent of the total market cap that's out there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Snipped from r/WSB

The media is Gaslighting you (Again):

The total market cap of $GME is around $12B as I'm writing this. The total market cap of Wall Street is around $50T. That means we've currently displaced about .025% of the total value of the US stock market. I will type that out to reiterate: we (retail traders) have displaced approximately one quarter of one tenth of one percent of the total market cap. To claim that we are doing anything which is tremendously harmful to the whole market is absolutely pants-on-fire lies. Is this going to change some elements of the market moving into the future? Almost certainly. But even if this stock goes to $1000 per share, we are still only talking about less than one tenth of one percent of the total market cap that's out there.

They tried to shut down WSB reddit and they did shut down the discord temporarily. They are scared LOL.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

They tried to shut down WSB reddit and they did shut down the discord temporarily. They are scared LOL.

Matt Taibbi has some very good insights into this sort of corporatist/ political behavior going on now. I blame the SJW leftists for calling for censorship and revisionism. Its gained traction.  We didn't see this even a few years ago.  This is the stuff that will start revolutions... not the fact that Orange Man Bad was disgracing his own office, and self, and triggered the entire Left into demanding totalitarian speech and thought control. You could laugh at Rump and castigate him on Twitter etc but now...don-t dare oppose the approved narratives.  I never thought I'd live to see this sort of chickenshit behavior in this country. But here we are.

And there’s this:   the primary "victim" of the GameStop trading, Gabe Plotkin, worked for SAC until the firm pled guilty to insider trading in 2013 and paid $1.8B in fines to the SEC and this week, Plotkin got a 2.75B bailout from his old boss, Steve Cohen, SAC's founder

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Matt Taibbi has some very good insights into this sort of corporatist/ political behavior going on now. I blame the SJW leftists for calling for censorship and revisionism. Its gained traction.  We didn't see this even a few years ago.  This is the stuff that will start revolutions... not the fact that Orange Man Bad was disgracing his own office, and self, and triggered the entire Left into demanding totalitarian speech and thought control. You could laugh at Rump and castigate him on Twitter etc but now...don-t dare oppose the approved narratives.  I never thought I'd live to see this sort of chickenshit behavior in this country. But here we are.

And there’s this:   the primary "victim" of the GameStop trading, Gabe Plotkin, worked for SAC until the firm pled guilty to insider trading in 2013 and paid $1.8B in fines to the SEC and this week, Plotkin got a 2.75B bailout from his old boss, Steve Cohen, SAC's founder

Really is a joke. The establishment always wins. You can't win with dems or republicans. Trump said he was going to drain the swamp, and all he did was give tax cuts to the wealthy and increase the wealth disparity. We will never win.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, Syrmax said:

Unbelievable BS.  What's amazing is that this is what a lot of people feel comfortable with...censor, control, only allow the "approves" behaviors and activities...esp when it comes to $.

The people who claim to be revolutionaries today are often the biggest elitist bootlickers in reality.  Zero self-awareness.  They're just playing themselves in the end.

There are likely dozens of new strains already out there from the original novel covid 19 virus. As we've had throughout history coronavirus have been around since the dawn of time. We likely will be living with covid for the rest of ours, we already have. Covid 19 was a unique and deadly strain, especially the one at the beginning of 2020. 

https://www.today.com/health/how-many-strains-covid-19-exist-covid-19-variant-guide-t207173

Vaccines are still the solution to all of this. This article is fantastic

https://www.today.com/health/how-many-strains-covid-19-exist-covid-19-variant-guide-t207173

Early lab research on Pfizer's vaccine indicates that it only slightly loses effectiveness against the South African variant, and previous research from the company on the U.K. variant found that antibodies in vaccine recipients' blood successfully fought off the virus in lab dishes.

Moderna said earlier this week that a lab study showed "no significant impact on neutralizing titers," which correlate to protection provided by a vaccination, against the U.K. strain. The study did find "a six-fold reduction in neutralizing titers" against the South African variant, but the company said the reduced titer levels are still expected to be protective.

Plummer said her Cedars-Sinai team does not anticipate CAL.20C will evade the vaccines, but they're actively investigating to be sure. She also believes most other strains and mutations will respond to the existing vaccines.

"It will become very difficult for SARS-CoV-2 at the rate that it's mutating to evade the vaccine," she said, adding that mRNA vaccines were chosen to fight this pandemic because they're "designed to overcome" mutations. Asked why Moderna and Pfizer would need to develop boosters if this is the case, Plummer said the scientific justification would be "an abundance of precaution."

21 hours ago, gmendevils8204 said:

The people who claim to be revolutionaries today are often the biggest elitist bootlickers in reality.  Zero self-awareness.  They're just playing themselves in the end.

That's invariably true with some. But these ppl have accomplished more than the leftist jackwagons ever did with their Occupy nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That's invariably true with some. But these ppl have accomplished more than the leftist jackwagons ever did with their Occupy nonsense.

They exploited a weakness in utterly corrupt financial markets, which was personally remunerative for many people, and which caused some inconvenience for a few scumbags who wholly deserve pain. But these markets are set up for the benefit of the scumbags, and they’ll never let this kind of things happen again.

The elites who need to go down are all of the wealthy people who have used their money as leverage to shift the foundations of our economic and political system to benefit themselves at our expense. Naming the enemy is something Occupy got right, and they forced income and wealth inequality back into the arena as issues driving political action. Democrats pay lip service to inequality while protecting the elites who support them, while Republican politicians point the finger at cultural elites as a distraction to protect the real elites. Cultural issues are garbage. It’s superstructure, meaningless and powerless to affect the basic structure of economic relations. Anybody who tries to distract us from recognizing who really holds power — the money elite — is either a dupe or is working on their behalf.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WNash said:

They exploited a weakness in utterly corrupt financial markets, which was personally remunerative for many people, and which caused some inconvenience for a few scumbags who wholly deserve pain. But these markets are set up for the benefit of the scumbags, and they’ll never let this kind of things happen again.

The elites who need to go down are all of the wealthy people who have used their money as leverage to shift the foundations of our economic and political system to benefit themselves at our expense. Naming the enemy is something Occupy got right, and they forced income and wealth inequality back into the arena as issues driving political action. Democrats pay lip service to inequality while protecting the elites who support them, while Republican politicians point the finger at cultural elites as a distraction to protect the real elites. Cultural issues are garbage. It’s superstructure, meaningless and powerless to affect the basic structure of economic relations. Anybody who tries to distract us from recognizing who really holds power — the money elite — is either a dupe or is working on their behalf.

No disagreement there at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

No disagreement there at all.

I don’t think I disagree with you either. Occupy was almost entirely a failure. I admire their commitment to radical democracy, but the consensus decision making process let bad faith trolls prevent them from doing anything significant to build capacity for further action. But their failure still pulled just enough Dems a little bit to the left and scuttled Obama’s “grand bargain” BS that would have capped social security. 

As for the wsb community — I don’t microtune my small amount of equity investment because the system is so stacked against individuals who don’t have  seven or eight or more figures invested. So it was absolutely awesome to see the GME play. Two things I especially love about it — even more than wrecking the lives of a few hedge fund bastards — was that it showed the power of aggregate, collective effort, and that it flushed out the true positions of political elites whose real priority is defending the interests of the money elites.

If all the people who hate this system fought the elites and not each other, we might actually have a chance of not being relegated to lives as drones and morlocks. 

• Like 2

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic