• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M

Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Screenshot_20210113-095503.png

So ready for the season to begin! Saw a stat today that I had to look twice at...Sabres haven’t played a game in 307 days! Almost a full calendar year. If it did one thing it allowed all the guys who had any injuries to be fully healthy for this 56 game sprint. It also helped to preserve Jack a little bit. He’s a year older but doesn’t have another year of wear and tear on him. He also bulked up another 15lbs to 223lbs...combine him with Tage at 230lbs on the first line with hall and look the [email protected]!# out!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Let him go...to the Mets!! ;)

Finally i have renewed interest now that the hated Wilpon's are out and we have a real owner. 

Almost as rare as bigfoot, giants and mets huh? Lol

You may need to jump over to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets...

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Almost as rare as bigfoot, giants and mets huh? Lol

You may need to jump over to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets...

Uhhhhh....Not just no.  But He!! No.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Countercyclical spending is the right approach now. I’m seeing the value in the MMT approach to monetary policy. Float money to the broader economy with direct payments and necessary projects to take up the slack in economic productivity, and reel in the money through taxation changes when the private economy is capable of being more generative.

This should keep a bear market away for now, but I’m still thinking bonds are a good play. Maybe an inflation hedge like a precious metals fund if the price is right. I’m sure people are using BTC/crypto as a hedge as well, but I don’t have confidence in the stability of that market (which is probably my loss, but miss me with that opportunity).

• Like 1

This is a pretty good deal considering rumors had it that he wanted 5 years 100+ mill and the yanks were offering 4 years at 80 million..

Second baseman DJ LeMahieu and the New York Yankees are finalizing a six-year, $90 million contract, sources familiar with the agreement told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30717350/new-york-yankees-dj-lemahieu-finalizing-six-year-90m-contract-sources-say

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This is a pretty good deal considering rumors had it that he wanted 5 years 100+ mill and the yanks were offering 4 years at 80 million..

Second baseman DJ LeMahieu and the New York Yankees are finalizing a six-year, $90 million contract, sources familiar with the agreement told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30717350/new-york-yankees-dj-lemahieu-finalizing-six-year-90m-contract-sources-say

I hope the Yankees  still lose =)

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

The yanks have like 3 million to spend unless they plan on going over the luxury tax threshold..I know they are in the Reliever market as well..They can always try to trade though..

If the do plan to go over they should just sign Bauer then lol

I finally was able to make an appointment for the Covid vaccine. I gave up on getting one around here and found an opening on February 5 at SUNY Technology in Marcy. It will finally feel nice to not have to worry (at least not as much, lol).  This vaccine rollout has been a mess so far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Snowing at stadium 

20811DDD-9176-41B0-9BF7-74C33BBAC202.jpeg

Nice, that's what I wanted to see.

You peeps still above freezing in Buffalo?

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Snowing at stadium 

20811DDD-9176-41B0-9BF7-74C33BBAC202.jpeg

Awesome!   Not thrilled about the wind though. I think that favors the Ravens as it could slow down our passing game. Starting to get windy here with a few pretty good gusts. 

• Like 1

Congrats Bills fans!  Rooting for ya.  

Diggs is a monster on the field and looks like a fun person too based on his post game interview with Allen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Congrats Bills fans!  Rooting for ya.  

Diggs is a monster on the field and looks like a fun person too based on his post game interview with Allen.

I cant believe it. I'm still in shock that we won and are in AFC champ game for first time since 1993!!!

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I cant believe it. I'm still in shock that we won and are in AFC champ game for first time since 1993!!!

I'm glad for Bills fans. Definately pulling for them. Its more enjoyable watching my personal "B" team play, less stress and can enjoy the game more, I find. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Chiefs hold on..All eyes on maholmes during the week, should be a fun one!!

Browns kind of got screwed on the non call when they fumbled into EZ in first half.  I dont see any way Henne can pull off a win next week. All the Bills would need to do is show up dressed in Ohio State uni's and watch the Michigan Man fold. ;)

• Haha 4