• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    XC700
    Newest Member
    XC700

2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Almost at 7 inches and radar looks worrisome.. Catawba climbing again to 7.6. I think it gets close to 13 or 14 feet today and maybe a lot worse. I am worried for sure 

Wow! Those are some impressive numbers you guys are reporting so far. Still hovering around 2.25 inches for the event here IMBY in Hickory and have been in a lull all morning. Seems kind of low for the WPC's original outlook of 5-7 inches for the Hickory area. Of course, there is still a lot more potential in the next 48 hours. I love these cool May temperatures, though. I will be wishing greatly for them come July.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Havent measured at all, but we had a solid break last night, but the heavy rain just started again and I'm sure roads will get bad quick up here in Boone.

Catawba River up to 12.1 feet but starting to level off. Luckily it hasn't caused too many problems and won't unless it goes over 14. Rain has lessened which has helped but more seems to be organizing on radar in the upstate 

Catawba River up to 12.1 feet but starting to level off. Luckily it hasn't caused too many problems and won't unless it goes over 14. Rain has lessened which has helped but more seems to be organizing on radar in the upstate 
Yeah we may see an uptick overnight if the NAM is right. ULL rotating back west just a tad before lifting out.

14 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

What a raw and nasty morning.  Reminds me of early November. 

Mother nature has issued a stay inside order:arrowhead:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Another 1.8" overnight brings me to 9.2" storm total. I'm absolutely amazed how relatively low the rivers are around here. The long duration and new spring growth are no doubt helping.

Yea and the antecedent low water levels helped too

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The sun is actually coming out here and boy is it nice!

Jealous. Socked in the fog here. It will probably come out tomorrow here though and may reach 80. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

Doesn't look like we will be drying out anytime soon.

Definitely not, it’s raining here as I type this. I didn’t get near the rain y’all got this week though. I’ve had about 2.5 inches since Monday.

45 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

No, looks like we will have a great chance of rain for the next week.  Nothing new really. Rinse and repeat. 

Robert really harped on drought coming this summer for many areas but it just isn't happening. We already had almost 3 months worth of rain the past week and probably another inch or two this week coming up. 

I'm also seeing signs of another tropical disturbance near Florida/Gulf of Mexico later in the week which could really create some issues 

• Like 1