• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Ok mountain folks its that time to hit the dog days of summer but first we have to get through spring. Will we have a spring or will we just go to being baked day after day. Stay safe out there guys. Wishing everyone the best.

• Like 1

Ok mountain folks its that time to hit the dog days of summer but first we have to get through spring. Will we have a spring or will we just go to being baked day after day. Stay safe out there guys. Wishing everyone the best.

I guess it's that's a wrap on winter. I can't believe I'm rating 40" of snow as a bad season, but I am. Just never could get a single storm to drop more than 3". Oh well, I'm looking forward to April 4...ready for some trout!

Hope everyone is doing well. If anybody needs anything, I'll do whatever I can to help ya. Just putting it out there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I guess it's that's a wrap on winter. I can't believe I'm rating 40" of snow as a bad season, but I am. Just never could get a single storm to drop more than 3". Oh well, I'm looking forward to April 4...ready for some trout!

Hope everyone is doing well. If anybody needs anything, I'll do whatever I can to help ya. Just putting it out there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well we might squeak something out but currently it is looking rare... 

Ditto on the helping if anyone needs it. This is serious times and we are a community. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Maybe the teleconnections will keep us from hitting 90 F before the end of April.

Took a bicycle ride on he Parkway yesterday; it was packed.  Came down the mountain through downtown Asheville; compared to a normal Saturday it was a ghost town.  Seeing that really drove home the economic impact of all this.

Back at you and everyone with the well wishes.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Better hope for heat and humidity, some research shows it slows and kills this virus 

Hope is not research. Keep an eye on Florida if they ever get their testing ramped up.

• Like 1

Hopefully everyone is doing well. We continue to push ahead with Renovations of our house during the coronavirus pandemic. We had several rounds of thunder and heavy rain this evening. I am looking forward to warmer weather late this week.

Let's do a get together after all this mess passes!

• Like 2

Heavy rain yesterday evening with Thunderstorms and heavy rain overnight.  Over 2 inches from the past 2 days. We just cant seem to dry out... Looking down the road the Euro still shows a decent trough getting in here around the 2nd and the GFS is picking this up finally. Looks like a rain to snow event then upslope snow for a bit. We will see if this holds but I think it will.

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Heavy rain yesterday evening with Thunderstorms and heavy rain overnight.  Over 2 inches from the past 2 days. We just cant seem to dry out... Looking down the road the Euro still shows a decent trough getting in here around the 2nd and the GFS is picking this up finally. Looks like a rain to snow event then upslope snow for a bit. We will see if this holds but I think it will.

Guess winter will end up being November and April:arrowhead:

• Haha 1

Just saw this thread, but GFS shows a stout ULL to begin April like others have stated.  Love how we get these setups at the end of winter instead of January...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

Hey guys what’s the weather looking like for the 1st week of April temp wise?  I’ve got a order of day old chickens that’s supposed to ship out to me and they can’t ship them if it’s to cold. 

Well there is a big spread from the GFS and the EURO currently.  But it looks seasonal at most but it could go either way really. I think the models will converge this weekend.  

I know we got hosed this winter and the snow was lacking, but cold and wet is the very last thing we need with this virus pandemic. I'm sure, of course, winter will arrive promptly in April and give us some gorgeous days with mid 50s and torrential downpours (rolls eyes). 

• Like 1