• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    XC700
    Newest Member
    XC700

2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

Off and on rain since around 5 AM in Maggie. Nothing heavy at this time, but we've had a couple of waves of sometimes moderate rates. 

• Like 1

Just letting everyone know I survived tropical Storm Arthur. I actually had to go indoors for a few hours and it stinks in there. #cooperreleasethehousekeepers ! 

Hope you guys don't wash away. Someone is going to get some ridiculous totals by Thursday. My gauge back home is already at 1.89.

• Like 2

We have been pretty lucky so far with only .60. The worst of it looks to be tonight until Wednesday. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Just letting everyone know I survived tropical Storm Arthur. I actually had to go indoors for a few hours and it stinks in there. #cooperreleasethehousekeepers ! 

Hope you guys don't wash away. Someone is going to get some ridiculous totals by Thursday. My gauge back home is already at 1.89.

Glad your safe Joe! We will batten the hatches down here or release the boats one...

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I've only gotten 0.68 inch out of this flow so far. However, as the orientation turns more SE to NW, I do expect a significant increase. I'm not complaining, though. I prefer my rainfall in sustained gentle showers rather than intense tropical downpours.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I've only gotten 0.68 inch out of this flow so far. However, as the orientation turns more SE to NW, I do expect a significant increase. I'm not complaining, though. I prefer my rainfall in sustained gentle showers rather than intense tropical downpours.

2.69 down south of you. Got nailed last night as we had 1.19 at 11pm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

2.69 down south of you. Got nailed last night as we had 1.19 at 11pm.

Wow!  That's a two-inch difference in only a few short miles.  I don't guess we have any chance of seeing the sun until Friday, at the earliest.  Cool, rainy, cloudy weather for several days.  I can't complain too much for mid-May.

• Like 1

Looks like east of Asheville will be getting the flooding rains. Steady rain here, but nothing torrential. A little over 2 inches since yesterday.

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

That is impressive! The precipitation has pretty much been training all day over the same areas.

Yep, it crested at just above 11.5 feet. If it rains like this tomorrow, which seems likely, it could get much much worse 

• Like 1

Just passed the 2-inch mark for the day here shortly before midnight. Steady moderate rainfall continues. Barely anything on radar and yet it comes down heavily. Very high low-level forcing I would venture.

• Like 1

48F this morning in Maggie. Unfortunately I do not see any break in this unsettled pattern throughout the next week and a half. Looks like a cut off upper low over NE Mexico and far West Texas this weekend and early next week will pump deep tropical moisture our way as our cold core cutoff upper low finally begins to fill in and slowly move out.

• Like 2