• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McTrimm
    Newest Member
    McTrimm

Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

This is a problem, it is not healthy. Bad messages being sent. 

callie-1608131330.png

Let's see your abs of steel, dta1984.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Among the many problems with your posts is that you express certainty and present questionable and at times factually false information as if it is factual. You also never provide links to sources which is particularly important when you're putting forward more questionable information. This was particularly true when you were posting nonsense about the vaccines. It was always "I know a guy". And never more than that.

You might be right that we are at the peak, you can see my post from yesterday expressing similar sentiments. But you need to look no further than the UK to see that they had a false peak before cases went out of control with the more contagious viral strain.

He has been pushing the peak thing at various times for weeks.  Here's a post from almost 2 months ago in reference to hospitalizations.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, Angrysummons said:

They have already skyrocketed. By early December they will peak.

If you call the peak enough times, one of those times you will end up being right.  Hopefully we are actually peaking now.

Angry's posts in this thread are only part of the issue though.  I have gotten complaints from multiple people and have resisted doing anything, but my patience is running out.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Every dude triggered by that Cosmo cover gives off huge incel energy.

Compensating for shortcomings elsewhere

• Haha 3

This is a problem, it is not healthy. Bad messages being sent. 
callie-1608131330.thumb.png.74bc64eac7a29a8141b09af7d37b82a9.png

there’s a lot more to being healthy than just weight.

59 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

there’s a lot more to being healthy than just weight.

100% true

It is well-established at this point that being overweight/obese can result in worse outcomes for covid.  But speaking more generally, being at a normal weight does not necessarily mean you are healthy.  

4 hours ago, Hoosier said:

100% true

It is well-established at this point that being overweight/obese can result in worse outcomes for covid.  But speaking more generally, being at a normal weight does not necessarily mean you are healthy.  

I mean there's a difference between fat shaming and encouraging people to lead a healthy lifestyle. It doesn't have to be one or the other

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hlcater said:

the 2nd dose blows. That's all im gonna say. 

It seems a little idiosyncratic, the second dose for me was just like the first - sore arm for about one day but a couple other people in my group felt a bit more under the weather for a day and needed to take some tylenol/motrin.

47 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

How do you feel?

Aches, pains and a high grade fever(104).

that said, a fever that high is rare and was reported to VAERS. 

• Like 1

The good news is it appears nationwide cases and hospitalizations have finally peaked. Deaths should peak by the end of the month. How quickly the numbers drop is still a bit of a guess though. Depends on things like how fast vaccinations ramp up and what the virus itself does.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

The good news is it appears nationwide cases and hospitalizations have finally peaked. Deaths should peak by the end of the month. How quickly the numbers drop is still a bit of a guess though. Depends on things like how fast vaccinations ramp up and what the virus itself does.

I getting the feeling also that we are now at the peak. The more we get vaccinated the better the numbers should get

I getting the feeling also that we are now at the peak. The more we get vaccinated the better the numbers should get

Wait until the B117 strain takes hold mixed with what’s going on in Manaus.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Every dude triggered by that Cosmo cover gives off huge incel energy.

It doesn't matter if it's a woman or a guy.  Point is obesity is known to put you at an increased risk for covid complications (as with other pre existing conditions).   There are not enough lifestyle improvement messages.  We're almost at a year now.  Plenty of time people could have made smarter choices.  

• Weenie 1

A couple Congress people have tested positive after getting the vaccine.  At least one of them had both doses and then tested positive though last I saw was asymptomatic.

Competing things at work going forward.  The past couple times we were coming down from peaks in spring/summer.  Now we will be trying to come down while the seasonality component still wants to hold us up, but this time we have the vaccines becoming more distributed with each passing day.