MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lancaster will finish the January through March period as the 2nd warmest on record, trailing only the abysmal 1998 winter.

Wow.  So many records this year.  The snowfall total record is going to be hard pressed to be overtaken.  When will we have a winter with less than 6" of snow again (MDT)?  If not for Covid it would be bigger news but obviously not that important big picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow.  So many records this year.  The snowfall total record is going to be hard pressed to be overtaken.  When will we have a winter with less than 6" of snow again (MDT)?  If not for Covid it would be bigger news but obviously not that important big picture. 

Correct. My county was just added to the stay at home order though I don't see much different in the verbiage than from what was already in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Correct. My county was just added to the stay at home order though I don't see much different in the verbiage than from what was already in place. 

Honestly it’s just another thing to sound more serious...you’re still allowed to go to grocery store and pharmacy etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's scary is how fast the numbers are rising. Berks, to my south rose 81% today, and Luzerne, to my north rose 53%. In one news article I saw, a physician's assistant recommended staying out of Hazleton. Some think that Hazleton is a community that is going to explode in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Honestly it’s just another thing to sound more serious...you’re still allowed to go to grocery store and pharmacy etc.

It gives police the right to stop and ask why you are traveling. You technically are alllwedvto,leave the county unless it’s for a life-sustaining purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Blizz does brighten my mood, even if I know that has next to zero chance of panning out. I look forward to his posts, they cheer me up lol.

Thanks man.

In times like these, we all need ways to cheer ourselves up. Tracking digital snow always brings me a smile. Now if we only get some real snow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paweather said:

OMG!!! Now I will have to laugh at that! :D:D Classic Bubbler. Thanks! and Yes WMS that is what I love about Blizz he never gives up and we never know hang on by a thread for a snowstorm. 

Thanks!

We will have around 7 months to give up starting soon !

Until then, I’ll track until it becomes impossible around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Canadian was very interesting to say the least for the mid week coastal storm chance.

 

 

 

EA733DE7-648A-4287-B29F-2F3C12EE6AFF.png

A mean April Fools joke for Philly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like the LSV may be "not as rainy" for the afternoon...a chance for a walk or drive or something to get out. 

3rd consecutive underperforming rain event...

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3rd consecutive underperforming rain event...

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

I am glad since it is not snow.   Looks like Northeastern part of PA will be in steady rain a lot longer.   Showers for us.  I wish the sun would come out.  Dreary weekends are especially depressing now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am glad since it is not snow.   Looks like Northeastern part of PA will be in steady rain a lot longer.   Showers for us.  I wish the sun would come out.  Dreary weekends are especially depressing now. 

You aren't kidding...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3rd consecutive underperforming rain event...

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

I am at 1.17 since Monday.  If I get under some of these localized downpours I might top two inches for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, daxx said:

I am at 1.17 since Monday.  If I get under some of these localized downpours I might top two inches for the week.

I just had some rumbles of Thunder here in Marysville.

@Wmsptwx I am trying to get more into thunderstorms!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3rd consecutive underperforming rain event...

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

So far for today I've recorded 0.63" of rain.  I had 0.30" on Wednesday and 0.30" on Monday for a weekly total so far of 1.23".  That also included a trace of snow from Wednesday.

Blizz' snow map resurrecting memories of April 1982.  Meteorologically, it CAN happen...but of course most likely won't...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3rd consecutive underperforming rain event...

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

Currently at .55 for the day, now up to .89 for the week. Had a real nice downpour move through about 30 minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

So far for today I've recorded 0.63" of rain.  I had 0.30" on Wednesday and 0.30" on Monday for a weekly total so far of 1.23".  That also included a trace of snow from Wednesday.

Blizz' snow map resurrecting memories of April 1982.  Meteorologically, it CAN happen...but of course most likely won't...lol.

The airmass in '82 was probably a once in a 100 years arctic invasion. Maybe 500 years. That was my point in a previous conversation we had earlier in the winter - when is it 21 degrees at high noon on April 6th around these parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We don't often have a temperature near 20 at noontime during January snowstorms...

Wait - we often don't have January snowstorms.  :D

I was going to say aren't highs around 20 just stories our grandparents tell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've got so much rain right now it's coming in my windows. 

That was a tropicalxlike deluge that tracked from the city through you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...