• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    queenofscience
    Newest Member
    queenofscience

Upstate/Eastern New York

You can the difference in location wrt to the defo band, obviously this has huge impacts..

Outside of this area could be some white rain with marginal temps and lighter precip rates.. It's usually hard for everyone to win lol

qpf_acc.us_ne (56).png

qpf_acc.us_ne (57).png

14 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

So Derek Jeter is officially in the HOF..

He got 396 out of 397 votes, wow lol

Screenshot_20200121-182351.png

I gotta wonder who didn't vote for him. There's always one in every crowd....

Is A-Fraud on the HOF voting list? ;)

46 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The one thing those GEFS maps tell me...is that Rochester will continue to reign this year.

No they're  not. Its #Losertown. ;) we will sack them for a big loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing those GEFS maps tell me...is that Rochester will continue to reign this year.
Reign what, the NE snowball contest, what a joke and where are you even getting this info from, lol? The Capital of snowfall across the NE is Syracuse Point Blank/Capita and IDC if KALB, KROC or KBGM wins once in a decade each, lol! You've been here for 2 yrs bro (I'm not being mean either), ppl like Max and I been have been here for 15-20 yrs and it's just FALSE!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Reign what, the NE snowball contest, what a joke and where are you even getting this info from, lol? The Capital of snowfall across the NE is Syracuse Point Blank/Capita and IDC if KALB, KROC or KBGM wins once in a decade each, lol! You've been here for 2 yrs bro (I'm not being mean either), ppl like Max and I been have been here for 15-20 yrs and it's just FALSE!

I didn't say they reign every year. They have just been having a "great" winter relative to the rest of us this year. 18Z GEFS look awesome for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Why did you just melt down?  Rochester is strongly poised to win the most snowfall for a contest that has been going on for decades. It’s an interesting discussion. We all the know the overall averages and where Syracuse stands. He’s just making and observation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well in the 5 years I've been here Kroc and kbuf seem to do best when we mix or rain .

In a normal winter we don't mix with that track..If that's not a great track for CNY I don't know what is l

We DONT want a storm in the water lol

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Why did you just melt down?  Rochester is strongly poised to win the most snowfall for a contest that has been going on for decades. It’s an interesting discussion. We all the overall averages and where Syracuse stands. He’s just making and observation. 

Thanks, Delta. It was definitely nothing against Syracuse. Pretty much everything you said. :)

Furthermore, the last time Rochester won was 2012 which was a historically warm winter.  Therefore one can draw a conclusion that a mild winter favors Rochester as a relative hot spot during low snow winters.  We cash in on the weak nickel and dime NW lake snows while cuse and buffalo typically need big events to boost their numbers (which are obviously lacking in these years). We are also positioned well to take advantage of weaker systems where cuse might be rain and buffalo is too far west to get significant precip. Rochester has also only won a handful of times in history. So winning twice in under ten years on very warm years is a bit disconcerting.  And let’s not forget about the questionable measuring technique, location, or personnel at the roc airport influencing the numbers

This is certainly an interesting discussion with no intention of saying cuse isn’t the mathematical snowfall champ, which is obviously indisputable. 

• Like 4

I'm surprised we're not worst off in the snowfall dept. Besides Rochester no one in the GL and NE is above average aside from the Upper Peninsula. Calumet is over 200" on the year with 4-5' depth. The Cutters have really helped them.

image.thumb.png.907599cbd41c1bcda37c6284e932276e.png

Indeed. So you Rochester guys need to hope for horrible winters to be the champions! :P  Several times this winter, Buffalo has been too mild with some of these weak systems pulling up warm air, but you guys stay cold enough, and the precip. has fizzled somewhat by the time it gets to the cuse.