• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Hello guys and girls, Im a lurker on this thread but could use some help as I have to head to UB ( Amherst ) from Rockland County with my son to take him back to school and I have been trying to figure out when to leave and return home. I realize we still have a few days to go and as of right now the weather is not written in stone. My plan was to drive him and a friend back to school and for me to get a room over night and return home after resting but it appears to me that I might be screwed. Looks to me that snow showers and frozen precipitation could start as soon as Friday night and that this only gets worse as we get into Saturday--->  Am I mistaken ,do you think I can get this ride in if we head to Buffalo on Friday morning and I head back to Rockland either late Friday nite or VERY EARLY Saturday morning or will I be looking for trouble. I have driven thru Windsor and other places during freezing rain and that is NOT ANY FUN ,I am looking at a 5 hour drive --> thanks in advance , thoughts ?

23 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Hello guys and girls, Im a lurker on this thread but could use some help as I have to head to UB ( Amherst ) from Rockland County with my son to take him back to school and I have been trying to figure out when to leave and return home. I realize we still have a few days to go and as of right now the weather is not written in stone. My plan was to drive him and a friend back to school and for me to get a room over night and return home after resting but it appears to me that I might be screwed. Looks to me that snow showers and frozen precipitation could start as soon as Friday night and that this only gets worse as we get into Saturday--->  Am I mistaken ,do you think I can get this ride in if we head to Buffalo on Friday morning and I head back to Rockland either late Friday nite or VERY EARLY Saturday morning or will I be looking for trouble. I have driven thru Windsor and other places during freezing rain and that is NOT ANY FUN ,I am looking at a 5 hour drive --> thanks in advance , thoughts ?

I don’t see freezing rain wit this set up. Wet snow and rain is more likely. Roads could be bad in CNY and WNY on Saturday evening but not too bad. NWS is best resource for accurate weather forecasts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Following the passage of this system...the aforementioned ridge will then
build directly across our region and bring about a return to mainly dry
weather for Monday and Tuesday...while temperatures will remain a bit
above late January normals. Looking a bit further out beyond the end of
this period...it appears as if the warmer than average temps should continue
through at least the end of the month...with the GFS/GEM/ECMWF all in
agreement on keeping any notable cold air bottled up well to our north
over northern Canada.

We've had a good lake effect band here once all winter and it was very transient. The November storm is still my biggest of the year. 

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I don’t see freezing rain wit this set up. Wet snow and rain is more likely. Roads could be bad in CNY and WNY on Saturday evening but not too bad. NWS is best resource for accurate weather forecasts. 

Thanks Dave I am looking at everything but you and I both know that the NWS is excellent but so are MANY of the peeps on this site

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Following the passage of this system...the aforementioned ridge will then
build directly across our region and bring about a return to mainly dry
weather for Monday and Tuesday...while temperatures will remain a bit
above late January normals. Looking a bit further out beyond the end of
this period...it appears as if the warmer than average temps should continue
through at least the end of the month...with the GFS/GEM/ECMWF all in
agreement on keeping any notable cold air bottled up well to our north
over northern Canada.

We've had a good lake effect band here once all winter and it was very transient. The November storm is still my biggest of the year. 

Yup, same here dude..

I've had like 5 hours of heavy lake effect all year lol 

Good thing is we are only 3 weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting..

• Sad 1