• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Hello guys and girls, Im a lurker on this thread but could use some help as I have to head to UB ( Amherst ) from Rockland County with my son to take him back to school and I have been trying to figure out when to leave and return home. I realize we still have a few days to go and as of right now the weather is not written in stone. My plan was to drive him and a friend back to school and for me to get a room over night and return home after resting but it appears to me that I might be screwed. Looks to me that snow showers and frozen precipitation could start as soon as Friday night and that this only gets worse as we get into Saturday--->  Am I mistaken ,do you think I can get this ride in if we head to Buffalo on Friday morning and I head back to Rockland either late Friday nite or VERY EARLY Saturday morning or will I be looking for trouble. I have driven thru Windsor and other places during freezing rain and that is NOT ANY FUN ,I am looking at a 5 hour drive --> thanks in advance , thoughts ?

Dave mostly covered this, but I don't really see any issue with travel this weekend especially because 90 percent of your driving will be on major highways like the I90 which are very well maintained.  Surface temps will likely be 32 or above so roads should be mostly wet with little if any snow cover.  Freezing rain isn't a concern at all.  You should be good to go, just be prepared for some nuisance snow and lowered visibility.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yup, same here dude..

I've had like 5 hours of heavy lake effect all year lol 

Good thing is we are only 3 weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting..

My heaviest lake effect this year was last Sunday morning when we had about 2 hours of lake effect that produced about 3 inches of snow as that band moved south  

You just know that this pattern is going to flip in late February and give us a crappy spring.  We’ve had some of our biggest snowstorms in mid March lately. 

• Like 2

NWS has us flipping sat evening..

Saturday
Snow showers likely before noon, then rain and snow showers. High near 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday Night
Snow showers. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Sunday
Snow showers. High near 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday Night
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Monday

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Dave mostly covered this, but I don't really see any issue with travel this weekend especially because 90 percent of your driving will be on major highways like the I90 which are very well maintained.  Surface temps will likely be 32 or above so roads should be mostly wet with little if any snow cover.  Freezing rain isn't a concern at all.  You should be good to go, just be prepared for some nuisance snow and lowered visibility.  

Delta thanks, FYI  a month and a half ago I drove the same exact route and I was on 17 ( in my truck ) the temp was varying between 30 and 34 degrees the entire trip but near Windsor  ( higher elevation South of Binghamton ) and it was a nightmare  ,,it was easily the worst experience I ever had while driving in any weather conditions as the highway was NOT maintained and there were cars and  accidents all over the road and they only got 3 or 4 inches of snow max but rumor has it there was freezing rain associated with that one  Thanks again