• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

29 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

That 6 in buffalo is not going to bare out...its already switched to freezing rain and sleet...about 1/2" of snow before the switch.

No way we hit 6 but about 2” of snow in Kenmore where I’m delivering today and it’s ripping pretty good. Switched to sleet for about 1/2 hr but has switched back to all snow for the last hour. C.C. Looks like the mix line has retreated back to the lakeshore/Southtowns and south for now. Wonder how long before it comes back north .

34 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

No way we hit 6 but about 2” of snow in Kenmore where I’m delivering today and it’s ripping pretty good. Switched to sleet for about 1/2 hr but has switched back to all snow for the last hour. C.C. Looks like the mix line has retreated back to the lakeshore/Southtowns and south for now. Wonder how long before it comes back north .

It’s dumping here as well, about 2 miles SE of the village of Kenmore. Not even a hint of taint.

3 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

No, just wondering why you’re even thinking about busting before the storm even starts.  There’s a lot of negativity on this board.

Sorry man you’re right.

its January and we haven’t cross country skied or skated on our pond in weeks.  It’s making me crabby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Same here in Williamsville. Grass is almost covered eyeballing about 2" as well...did flip to ZR for about an hour covering the vehicle's...IF this rate continued 4 or 5 inches not impossible but it would have to stay snow for several more hours. Btw is the federal govt still hiring postal workers??? 

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Same here in Williamsville. Grass is almost covered eyeballing about 2" as well...did flip to ZR for about an hour covering the vehicle's...IF this rate continued 4 or 5 inches not impossible but it would have to stay snow for several more hours. Btw is the federal govt still hiring postal workers??? 

Yes they are still hiring. The benefits are unreal. Big reason I left my job of 6 years. I used to think postal workers wouldn’t have a job but after seeing how much mail there still is even in 2020 there’s no way that’s happening anytime soon. The post office is trying more to focus on parcel delivery due to the volume of mail still decreasing over time. From Thanksgiving to Christmas I was averaging 200-300 packages today on top of my mail which was also heavier with people still sending Christmas cards even if it’s 2020 and it seems people only email/text/ Facebook everything now a days.  

32 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Yes they are still hiring. The benefits are unreal. Big reason I left my job of 6 years. I used to think postal workers wouldn’t have a job but after seeing how much mail there still is even in 2020 there’s no way that’s happening anytime soon. The post office is trying more to focus on parcel delivery due to the volume of mail still decreasing over time. From Thanksgiving to Christmas I was averaging 200-300 packages today on top of my mail which was also heavier with people still sending Christmas cards even if it’s 2020 and it seems people only email/text/ Facebook everything now a days.  

Yeah a bunch of my friends are getting into state trooper, cop, corrections officer for the benefits. 20 years for the first 2 and you get $4k a month pension. 25 years and you're done for corrections officer and 70% of your top 3 years salary for life. Also NYS health benefits, literally can't beat it. I was thinking of doing it but you have to go downstate or upstate for anywhere from 1-3/4 years depending on what route you take. State troopers are pulling in 6 figures after year 3.

43 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Where do I go to take the exam or is it not the same as it used to be?