• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, champy said:

As an avid photographer, I have basically weekly images from the past 15 years...so it's a visual and digital journal. It's nice to go back and see how the years tend to compare. While some of us are complaining on the board, I've found we've had a pretty decent early winter pattern...especially compared to some years I have documented where the entire area literally had close to no snow leading right up to Christmas. Just a few samplings of this years snowy beauty...I think it's important for winter lovers to sometimes get away from the models and out in the stuff we love. Merry Christmas! 

49059649681_be2887ff7e_b.jpg

49162754543_31a2fe26db_b.jpg

49184917897_8df56e9218_b.jpg

Great pics Champy!!  First one is my fav with that lighting over Skan Lake.  Other 2 Bear Swamp by chance?

And you’re right, this has been a great start to winter. Plentiful snow events and cold all the way back to early November. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Great pics Champy!!  First one is my fav with that lighting over Skan Lake.  Other 2 Bear Swamp by chance?

And you’re right, this has been a great start to winter. Plentiful snow events and cold all the way back to early November. 

Good call. I live in the village of Skaneateles and knew right away!  Wondered if one of the others was Baltimore Woods...

Game set match on this one.  ‘‘Twas and interesting day for sure.  Oswego county might grab a couple more over the next 18 hours.  Looks like I ended up with about 2 inches in my backyard. And maybe another half inch or so as this scraggly band moves through. 

All in all a fun day but less than inspiring snow totals IMBY

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

You know that during these LES events that not everyone within the 6" areas are all going to get 6" I'm sure you're aware of this correct"

Don't speak to me like I'm stupid.

The BGM map, plus most models, had a specific "6 to 8 inch" band for my area of Onondaga county today/tonight.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Don't speak to me like I'm stupid.

The BGM map had a specific "6 to 8 inch" band for my area of Onondaga county today/tonight.

Are you serious with that condescending remark bro, seriously?  Some ppl do make that mistake and I meant no ill will with the post.  PPl in these ****in threads have some serious thin skin!  So you think just because NWS has a stripe of 6-8" for ur area thats its definitely gonna happen.

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Are you serious with that condescending remark bro, seriously?  Some ppl do make that mistake and I meant no ill will with the post.  PPl in these ****in threads have some serious thin skin!  So you think just because NWS has a stripe of 6-8" for ur area thats its definitely gonna happen.

Nah...it's not just that. There was so much hoopla about quite an exciting lake effect event pumping up today on Arctic air, etc....and it's been...eh. Maybe it's all the dramatics of getting all excited about a lake effect "event" and then it's not much to write home about.

Don't get me wrong, the 1.5 hour squall we had this afternoon was GREAT. But, other than that,  and outside of a quick burst this evening, there hasn't really been much lake effect to speak of.

I will just need to go with the lowest of the snow ranges with every event so I don't end up finding each event lackluster.  My original comment was a serious "so when is this supposed to start?" When it's being called for, then yeah, I sort of expect it to happen to some degree. Like I said when I edited my comment, almost every model had the band...…….and......where is it? As you know, I'm fairly new to Upstate climatology...and my time here has not exactly involved many exciting events off of Lake Ontario. Which as Dave has mentioned, was something I was very excited about when moving to the region.