• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

10 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

What in the blue blazes. Snow squall warning just set my phone off emergency alert off...

702d937affdc771902089bb1460309fd.jpg

And this is why they rarely send these out. Every phone in the meeting I’m in just went bonkers. Imagine millions of people getting that message. Definitely induces some panic for the general population who doesn’t understand weather. 

• Like 1

And this is why they rarely send these out. Every phone in the meeting I’m in just went bonkers. Imagine millions of people getting that message. Definitely induces some panic for the general population who doesn’t understand weather. 

It’s a great system to alert the public but I thought it was setup to be zone specific rather than just county based. I’m a good 20 miles from that warning polygon and still got it. I know the flash flood warnings only come through this way when your inside the polygon. Maybe not setup properly? Or maybe it is right to alert you if your traveling? Got me all excited just then but the radar says only a few flakes for my location.

3 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

As usual transition zone in full effect across BUF storms are missing us left to right lol

Had a five minute burst at North Campus. These WNW set-ups where you can see bands to the north and south remind me of those summer days when the ring of convection sets up at the lake breeze confluence while we are bright and dry in the metro.

8 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Got crushed in Irondequoit. Surprised I didn’t hear thunder. 3” in two hours. Most of it in 45 mins. <500’ visi. 
DEATH BAND:gun_bandana:

2E7B2C20-DAEB-44DF-8394-E61A609FDCBB.jpeg

Caught one of those in Tonawanda about 2 years ago 3 inches in 45 minutes it was epic. I love arctic squalls..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Got crushed in Irondequoit. Surprised I didn’t hear thunder. 3” in two hours. Most of it in 45 mins. <500’ visi. 
DEATH BAND:gun_bandana:

2E7B2C20-DAEB-44DF-8394-E61A609FDCBB.jpeg

you did a lot better than me.  We still haven't even fully covered the parking lot down at U of R and its pretty much over.  Picked up maybe an 1/8 of an inch.  :(