• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Does anyone know if any sr models had this coming through this evening cause I didn't see it anywhere. The HRRR doesn't have its unless I missed it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Seems unlikely.  A meso low is a pretty complex and seemingly random alignment of many small environmental variables combined with adequate lake induced stability.  In fact this one is unusual in that they usually occur under much colder conditions.  I wouldnt have thought they were possible right now as your delta T's are just barely cold enough for pure lake effect as it is.  

• Like 1

Seems unlikely.  A meso low is a pretty complex and seemingly random alignment of many small environmental variables combined with adequate lake induced stability.  In fact this one is unusual in that they usually occur under much colder conditions.  I wouldnt have thought they were possible right now as your delta T's are just barely cold enough for pure lake effect as it is.  
I was thinking the same exact thing so just imagine when theres -22C flowing over both Lakes Erie and Ontario, fuggetaboutit

I seriously doubt any models predicted this but if any one of them did, Wolfie will find it, lol, but I doubt they did. Mentioning LE and mentioning a meso low are entirely 2 different things, but you know this and if the NWS mentioned a Meso Low affecting areas to the ESE of Lake Ontario, I'd love to see it.