• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Nice plume developing on sort of a WNW-NW, IDK but its forming nonetheless, lol, doubt its the beginning of anything substantial but one never knows around these here parts of the State.  One of my favorite parts of the Winter Season are the passing of strong Arctic Fronts cause they cause the most havoc and tomorrow can be one of those days!

That was modeled well,  as winds are briefly out of the NW/WNW behind the departing system but will start to shift north ahead of the next system..

Lake effect snow will develop southeast of Lake Ontario this evening
across Wayne County. This area of snow will be relatively light
given the marginal setup. The lake snow will then move quickly east
into Oswego County late tonight, before weakening further at the
east end of the lake by daybreak. Accumulations of 2-3 inches are
possible tonight as this band moves east from Wayne to Oswego
counties

1 hour ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Oh man did they bust. Most areas got around 6 around here. They seem to be acknowledging the mistake on Facebook. The models weren’t great but many accidents could have been avoided with at least a WWA! 

I'm from the opposite camp on this one.  You could have had any variety of warnings and I think the number of accidents would have been nearly identical.  A WWA gives people a heads up; but the people in accidents were probably going to drive regardless of a warning or not.  

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I think the part where the most spin is, is where the snow may be the most heaviest, I would think no Delta?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It's a good question.  The front arm of the low seems to have strong convergence, but the center should technically have the strongest low level convergence and upward vertical motion.   Once it begins to hit the shore it might kind of tighten up and collapse.  Either way you are in a nice spot right now