• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Lol. I thought I got away from this nonsense when I moved from NJ!  Thankfully it’s only November!

It's not much different up here.  The "good" news is we get way more chances to have Lucy take the football away up here, as compared to i-95'ers.

OTOH,  lake effect (fake snow BTW) takes the sting out of the soul crushing nonsense.  Until it fails us too, which it will given time. 

Just now, Syrmax said:

It's not much different up here.  The "good" news is we get way more chances to have Lucy take the football away up here, as compared to i-95'ers.

OTOH,  lake effect (fake snow BTW) takes the sting out of the soul crushing nonsense.  Until it fails us too, which it will given time. 

I’ve been here two winters and seen over 100” both years - so I will never complain!!!  

great to be on a board with local folks. It’s tough to find a dedicated place not concentrated on the major metro areas. 

• Like 1

Latest regional radar trend seems to show the storm is starting to take more of a pivot rather than boldly sliding NE; which should slow the advance of the western edge.  

Im out driving around the west side of Monroe county and it’s absolutely ripping. Probably 4-6 inches in places.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Lol. I thought I got away from this nonsense when I moved from NJ!  Thankfully it’s only November!

Awful winters tend to follow me around (Buffaloweather can attest to this). I went to Michigan and they had some horribly pathetic winters when I was there, then went to Redfield last winter...not one good blockbuster event...like I said earlier, sorry to the Cuse because I moved to the burbs here! 

I almost took a job in Rochester and almost moved there....hmmmmm….lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Awful winters tend to follow me around (Buffaloweather can attest to this). I went to Michigan and they had some horribly pathetic winters when I was there, then went to Redfield last winter...not one good blockbuster event...like I said earlier, sorry to the Cuse because I moved to the burbs here! 

I almost took a job in Rochester and almost moved there....hmmmmm….lol

I can’t believe the red field one last year. That’s so rare given the cold air we had. 

Latest regional radar trend seems to show the storm is starting to take more of a pivot rather than boldly sliding NE; which should slow the advance of the western edge.  
Im out driving around the west side of Monroe county and it’s absolutely ripping. Probably 4-6 inches in places.  
This is definitely happening right now in WPA and I'm starting to become a bit more hopeful for at least 3-6" with the band of snow that has to come through our CWA. Monroe county was always supposed to be the Jackpot so jo surprise there but I think the Niagara Frontier is gonna get pounded for a time later this evening.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

This is definitely happening right now in WPA and I'm starting to become a bit more hopeful for at least 3-6" with the band of snow that has to come through our CWA. Monroe county was always supposed to be the Jackpot so jo surprise there but I think the Niagara Frontier is gonna get pounded for a time later this evening.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am hoping that as the pressure starts to move east that there will be some surprises that materialize. I think many of the models were over-emphasizing the "front end"...and perhaps as things materialize with the main part of the system, we could see the current HRRR snowfall numbers go up. We shall see...

5 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

I been lurking here for 2 years now. I am in prime position for this snowstorm in upstate NY . Plattsburgh NY region. Hoping for 12 inches. Currently at 2.5 inches and banding developing well ahead of the low. For me at least liking like a bullseye

Yes! Someone from the northern adirondacks! Welcome. You live in my favorite place. 

• Like 3

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Yes! Someone from the northern adirondacks! Welcome. You live in my favorite place. 

Thank you for the warm welcome. I love weather and track models on tropical tidbits as a hobby. Hopefully I can be of some help here. You guys are awesome by the way. Great conversations and always amazing insight. Past two years lurking have been tough. I’m glad I’m no longer a lurker. I never knew I could post without paying for a membership. Lol stupid me

• Like 3