• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
yotaman

October 2019 Observations

Got 1.65".  Totals 4.38" since last Sunday.  Putting a sizable dent in the deficit!  Cooler temps also reduces the evaporation, so the soil moisture should be doing some nice recovery.

Still in the upper 80s atm.

Front has come and gone. The breeze has stopped. 

Overnight  and into tomorrow.  The flow should reverse.  

NW to calm to SE. Probably  have a decent chance of low top showers tomorrow.  Just depends on that oceanic maritime air.

1.80" at my house in Raleigh. I was at a hunting camp near Havelock for the weekend and we definitely had near-TS conditions. Wind much stronger than I thought it'd be inland, I'm guessing 40-45 mph range when that heavy stuff was coming through. Heavy rain too but short duration. No way to measure but probably a quick 1.5-2." Incredible how I went to bed and the temp was in the upper 50's and woke up to lower to mid 70's with the strong southeast wind.

3 hours ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Temps thru Oct.20th.

GSP  +5.2

HKY  +4.9

AVL  +5.8

RDU  +3.7

GSO  +4.3

CAE  +5.9

AND

CLT  +6.2

You Charlotte guys really need to get a delegation together and check on the site location of that sensor package.

3 hours ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Temps thru Oct.20th.

GSP  +5.2

HKY  +4.9

AVL  +5.8

RDU  +3.7

GSO  +4.3

CAE  +5.9

AND

CLT  +6.2

Remarkably hot. Glad to get this out of the way before the potential snow months :unsure:

Had to turn the ac on last night as it was stuffy and warm in the house when I got home from work. Today is much better and windows are open. Currently 69/54. Picked up a measly .02" yesterday.

Vanilla "Ice, Ice baby" on the car this morning in the triad!  Now we're getting close.  Old man winter is approaching the door.  Will he knock?  Or ding dong ditch us again like the crotchety old bastard that he is??

10 hours ago, yotaman said:

A/C is back on, currently 76/68.

Mine too. Feels DISGUSTING outside, 69.6 outside at 11:00 at night in late October, and muggy as it gets. Got up to 73 in the house and had to turn it back on. YUCK!! Guess October is now a Summer month too now.:cry:

Was 76/73 this morning at 9 am when I took the pups out for their morning walk. Half way thru, the skies opened up and we all got soaked. Had another even heavier storm come thru after our walk finished. Picked up right at .50" total from the morning storms. Currently 81/76.