Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I certainly wasn’t trying to go the weenie route either. It’s just that we know guidance struggles with mid-level banding, and yesterday morning it looked good in your area. Of course everything slid east and that argument went away.

Indeed, your comment didn’t come off in a sensationalist way at all – you were addressing a bit of a deficiency in modeling that is something poorly addressed, and we’ve seen it play out that way a number of times.

30 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Indeed, your comment didn’t come off in a sensationalist way at all – you were addressing a bit of a deficiency in modeling that is something poorly addressed, and we’ve seen it play out that way a number of times.

HRRR is actually trying to show that now in recent runs. 

Nothing exciting happening in the 'Woods...light rain sleet snow mix...light glaze on sidewalks but rt 302 seems fine...I'm thinking I will go to Fabyans Station to watch the Pat's game if they are open...they are on seasonal hrs right now...i had planned to stay in and watch it on my phone because the forecast up here was for snow. The way everything is playing out, the storm is a no show...

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

The fun thing about living in NNE? I bought groceries, but I dont even need to go home and put them away. They can hang out in my trunk and I dont have to worry about them going bad

Hehe, yeah, you can definitely do that a lot more up here.  Folks just need to remember that it’s a perk when it’s happening in May and June as well.  I find that for some reason there can be less embracing of the cool temperatures by the public at that time of year.

• Like 1

Just now, J.Spin said:

Hehe, yeah, you can definitely do that a lot more up here.  Folks just need to remember that it’s a perk when it’s happening in May and June as well.  I find that for some reason there can be less embracing of the cool temperatures by the public at that time of year.

Well, just send them to Nashville TN for the summer, when they come back they will be vey grateful for 30s and 40s in the summer time

I hadn’t passed along the BTV NWS map updates from earlier today, so I’ve got those pasted in below.

Since 11:00 A.M. when the snow started up, it’s been just sort rolling along at a light pace of ~¼”/hr.  It’s definitely whitening up the old snow nicely and covering up any grassy spots that started to appear.  In general it’s just a quiet, snowy day thus far.

24NOV19A.jpg

24NOV19B.jpg

• Like 1

JSpin’s hood seems to be the line of demarcation for this event. Just made a Costco run up to Colchester. Left around 12:30, not long after the snow had started here. Roads got covered quickly and almost thought of abandoning the trip but I knew there wouldn’t be much going on as we got closer to the CPV. By the time we got to the Waterbury exit, there was nothing on the road at all and nothing was falling from the sky in Williston, Burlington or Colchester. Same thing in reverse on the way home. Looks like 3” or so of wet, heavy snow and the roads are pretty slick. 

20 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

The fun thing about living in NNE? I bought groceries, but I dont even need to go home and put them away. They can hang out in my trunk and I dont have to worry about them going bad

Except when real cold arrives, liquids and produce might want to come inside quickly lest they suffer hypothermia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Looks like the forecast has changed a bit. It had rain on Wednesday and some passing snowshowers for Thursday. Now the forecast is leaning towards frozen stuff on Wednesday and snow on Thursday...

How did you make it in the event yesterday?  Hopefully the few hundred feet you are lower than Alex didn't affect accum.

17 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

How did you make it in the event yesterday?  Hopefully the few hundred feet you are lower than Alex didn't affect accum.

In elevation dependent storms it does make a difference. He was in my area this morning and texted me that he got more snow. He will be taunting me all winter. I also dont get upslope like he does.

• Thanks 1

Decent size bust in SVT...nowhere had more than a few inches. Saw Mitch had 3"..think that was probably the max in all of SVT.

Peru Coop at 1700' only reported .8".  Stratton only 2".  Warm nose and not a lot of total QPF (outside of the VT/MA border where they had closer to a 1")

Had .7" here after the flip last night, never even flipped below 800' in town--rain only.

43.6F  lots of melting going on

Found this picture taken yesterday of my ridge line.  This is looking north from South part of Bristol NH.  That white area below the black square are our fields below the house.  1100 feet. We were high enough to have a snow cover but above us it coated the trees too.   Peaked Hill to the right of the house is 1940 feet the tallest hill in the local area.

my hill.jpg

• Like 1