Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Cold Season Thread

wxeyeNH

Event totals: 0.2” Snow/0.29” L.E.

This afternoon’s snow didn’t really accumulate much at the house, just a slushy coating of 0.1”.  I think Burlington accumulated a bit more than that, but based on what I saw on our webcam we didn’t get the big aggregates that I saw there this afternoon.

Details from the 2:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: 0.03 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 3.3

Snow Density: 30.0% H2O

Temperature: 36.7 F

Sky: Light Snow (1 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 3.0 inches

Event totals: 0.2” Snow/Trace L.E.

The BTV NWS indicates that today’s snowfall is due to an upper-level shortwave trough, and at the house we’ve seen some accumulation of very dry snow.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 31.6 F

Sky: Light Snow (2 to 5 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 3.0 inches

As Gene mentioned, definitely one of those early season elevation dependent events, not a huge snow maker, but big difference just down the road from my place into middle of Manchester. My temp was right around 31- 32F all day.

Measured 1.6" new here and about 1-2 miles and 300-400 ft lower down into town white rain all day.

In town:

rps20191120_145058.thumb.jpg.c73875720560adfac2932a4736fa85c1.jpg

Here:

rps20191120_144301.thumb.jpg.0c4442e95c77c9442c5cb72e3bb14827.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's awesome.  I love those differences, even when I'm on the lower end of that, ha.  I love how narrow the difference in appeal can be in elevation snow.  That's a big difference in vibe there...from gray/wet to white/bright.

Yea, for sure. Still being in the valley I will end up on the wrong end of elevation events as well. In Manchester itself though there is pretty much nothing above 1250' house wise. Lots of  stuff available near or above 2k though up the hill in the Bromley/Stratton corridor.

Funny picking the kids up from school in center of town and doing the 4 minute drive home and them being shocked and excited to see the fresh blanket of white compared to the gray/wet (as you aptly put it)they had at school all day.

Beautiful warm sunny day.   Did a quick ride north through Franconia Notch.  100% clear in Lincoln with no snow on the ground.  Snowcover quickly builds through the notch and north of there was absolutely beautiful.  No wind and perfect temperatures to make every tree just a mantle of white.

20191121_120017.jpg

• Like 3