• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I will say down east needs to be careful.  I've seen snow maps galore to only be too warm at the surface for a lot of folks. I would be leery if I was outside the mountains...

I said a day or so ago, this has the possibility of snowing all day without any accumulations. The really crazy thing is I wouldn't be the least bit upset if it happened this way imby after how this winter has gone  :lol:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, buckeyefan1 said:

I said a day or so ago, this has the possibility of snowing all day without any accumulations. The really crazy thing is I wouldn't be the least bit upset if it happened this way imby after how this winter has gone  :lol:   

I bet! Probably just seeing snow falling will be a great thing. I do hope yall score but you and I know that we have seen this song and dance many times. 

It will be very interesting to see how Saluda ends up in all this.  30 years here and I've seen us follow the mountains with a good thump and sometimes even jackpot 3" over Hendersonville/Asheville totals, and I've seen Flatrock with 4" - 5" of white and we end up with a cold rain at 33˚.  It's almost like a secondary warm nose forms west of the primary warm flow over near Shelby with some storms.  At least there is no ZR signature.  This is gonna be fun!!!!

Just now, Met1985 said:

I bet! Probably just seeing snow falling will be a great thing. I do hope yall score but you and I know that we have seen this song and dance many times. 

Yes we have. It has been fun to track. It might be because there hasn't been anything to track, but true sliders don't happen too often and this one has taught me a lot already. I have had 25 years of CAE heart wrenching disappointments,  4 years on the coast where it only snowed once and now I'm here in the upstate. I'm sure in time I will have my heart broken, but for now, my snowfall odds have more than tripled and anything frozen that falls from the sky is a win in my book  :lol:   Hopefully you all cash in so I can grab my sled and enjoy a road trip for the afternoon  :hug:

• Like 5