• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

Yeah it will be interesting to see who wins out. The NAM is sticking to its guns but so has the GFS and EURO...
I'd bet serious money that the gfs and euro are both under doing the extent of the NW precip shield. Not to mention we still have 2 days for the inevitable nw shift. Temps are still gonna suck but hopefully the mountains can something. Honestly I'd rather not see any NW shifts I'd rather just take my chances with questionable moisture rather than questionable temps.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
38 minutes ago, Met1985 said:
I'd bet serious money that the gfs and euro are both under doing the extent of the NW precip shield. Not to mention we still have 2 days for the inevitable nw shift. Temps are still gonna suck but hopefully the mountains can something. Honestly I'd rather not see any NW shifts I'd rather just take my chances with questionable moisture rather than questionable temps.

Wouldn’t a north west trend help get better rates here that would help with dynamic cooling.

6 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

Wouldn’t a north west trend help get better rates here that would help with dynamic cooling.

Not necessarily. You have to have a deepening storm system to get the dynamic cooling. Just heavier rates wont really do much. We would get the same 35 degree rain that weve been getting. Granted a NW trend in this case would generally Indicate a stronger system so sortof yes.

• Like 2

I’m torn. I’m definately making the trip to sugar/beech this weekend to ski but I’m not sure which is the better option. Saturday/Sunday night or Friday/Saturday night? I’d hate to miss out on what the NAM is selling but A) I don’t believe it yet b)) I’d rather not waste a night getting rained on. 

Im leaning Saturday/Sunday night..thoughts?

1 hour ago, WarmNose said:

I’m torn. I’m definately making the trip to sugar/beech this weekend to ski but I’m not sure which is the better option. Saturday/Sunday night or Friday/Saturday night? I’d hate to miss out on what the NAM is selling but A) I don’t believe it yet b)) I’d rather not waste a night getting rained on. 

Im leaning Saturday/Sunday night..thoughts?

I'd wait til tomorrow noon to decide. However I think saturday sunday is the best bet to guarantee snow, even if it's light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1