• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments

August Discobs 2019

@C.A.P.E. - Check out that anvil to the east. One moment it wasn't there and one blink later it's exploded. 

Currently eating in Dover, because there's hardly a single restaurant other than Pizza Empire down the corner out in dis countryside. Heard faint thunder twice so far, other than that KC-10 that keeps flying around. 

8 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

@C.A.P.E. - Check out that anvil to the east. One moment it wasn't there and one blink later it's exploded. 

Currently eating in Dover, because there's hardly a single restaurant other than Pizza Empire down the corner out in dis countryside. Heard faint thunder twice so far, other than that KC-10 that keeps flying around. 

I am in Easton currently, but funny you mention that- I was just looking at the line of towers to the E and SE. Pretty impressive looking, but not much happening at the surface(yet) looking at radar.

eta- I needed to update my loop. its cranking pretty good between Dover and Lewes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am in Easton currently, but funny you mention that- I was just looking at the line of towers to the E and SE. Pretty impressive looking, but not much happening at the surface(yet) looking at radar.

eta- I needed to update my loop. its cranking pretty good between Dover and Lewes.

I was just looking at from 7 miles west of Annapolis. Pretty amazing how far away it's visible. 

• Like 1

It's 97° at BWI, Warrenton and Manassas.  Southern St. Marys County at 96°...probably could use a heat advisory.

15 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I was just looking at from 7 miles west of Annapolis. Pretty amazing how far away it's visible. 

I'm in Elkridge but have a great view close to my house looking east/southeast and have seen the storm clouds from storms sitting over the Salisbury area before.

30 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

16 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

A bit obscured by trees, but here is the view of it a couple miles west of Easton-

cloud.thumb.jpg.5798049a969a5633500f4d2cad91f143.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

It's 97° at BWI, Warrenton and Manassas.  Southern St. Marys County at 96°...probably could use a heat advisory.

Agree - currently at 95F with 60% rh and dp of 80 - gives a HI of around 107/108.  How can there not be an advisory out?

August heat is always the biggest heat.  We seem to consistently seem to overperform.

Awesome shelf cloud near Cape May, the storm that I'm currently looking at right now to the east. Massive anvil cloud.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

DCA at 98 now -so close...

Got the W wind to push us up by a tad.  DP down to ~66.  Tied the record, might as well try to push for triple digits.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

it's been showing 37C (98.6F) on mesowest for a few obs now, we probably hit 99.

Back to 97 for the 3:52pm ob.  Chance for 100 is shot, but we were either 98 or 99, which is a big number as we get into late August.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

99 on the tarmac at BWI.  New daily record high.

95 at IAD has tied the record.

Record at BWI stood for 105 years till it was broken today

Long range Euro is interesting.  I'd like to see the future 48 hours or so for kicks.  Looks like that upper midwest energy would dive down and possibly even cutoff under us in future frames . A nice Coastal would be what the Dr . ordered for around here . Almost winter like pattern.  

ecmwf_z500a_namer_10.png

ecmwf_z500a_namer_11.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Long range Euro is interesting.  I'd like to see the future 48 hours or so for kicks.  Looks like that upper midwest energy would dive down and possibly even cutoff under us in future frames . A nice Coastal would be what the Dr . ordered for around here . Almost winter like pattern.  

ecmwf_z500a_namer_10.png

ecmwf_z500a_namer_11.png

Could use good soaking! Won’t be much color in trees this fall if it continues. 

19 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Impressive how storms shifted slightly north with the southern end fizzling out and then one little cell blew up just to the SE of Burke.

Maybe the Manassas cell stays together?

:lol:

Manassas cell will stay south... hops that Fairfax cell moves a bit more SE... 

Small popups just west of you and in Newington