• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
Quincy

Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

Any ground truth tornado reports from Jefferson City proper?  SRV out of KLSX really ticked up as it passed 

Yes, spotters continued to see it and it just got the airport.

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

Thinking maybe near Miss?

I’d be very surprised. Scan had it on west side and then on east side. Populated area, doubt it missed. 

Just now, MUWX said:

I’d be very surprised. Scan had it on west side and then on east side. Populated area, doubt it missed. 

That post pretty much said direct hit. CC spiked again right over the city

Just now, MUWX said:

Yeah...CC drop showed it hit something.

Missouri State Highway Patrol confirming extensive damage in Jefferson City with near total power failure.

This tornado, if still down, is headed towards Callaway Plant, a nuclear facility.

yikes if true

Consensus (online, so take with a grain of salt) seems to be that building was under construction and what we are seeing is damage to the tarp/scaffolding rather than anything seriously structural.

Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

yikes if true

Mo state capital is under renovation. That does not appear damaged to me, at least significantly 

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Consensus (online, so take with a grain of salt) seems to be that building was under construction and what we are seeing is damage to the tarp/scaffolding rather than anything seriously structural.

I can confirm this is true. Under renovation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SandySurvivor said:

I have been looking at the damage reports and pictures on Twitter all night.

Mostly minor damage.  Damage is significantly less than what I experienced during Hurricane Sandy .

Isn't that special. 

It's a freakin' big tornado.  Don't compare it to Sandy.

• Like 4

Decided to call it a night after everything seemed to be ramping down about an hour ago. Looks like a violent tornado just moved through Jefferson City. Seeing initial reports of major damage.

32DC4824-7810-41E9-A82A-144FF2FBABA9.jpeg

1 minute ago, Calderon said:

Thankfully looks like damage to the materials being used during the dome’s renovation.

That liner they used to cover the windows temporarily is the only thing that looks damaged.

6 minutes ago, SandySurvivor said:

I have been looking at the damage reports and pictures on Twitter all night.

Mostly minor damage.  Damage is significantly less than what I experienced during Hurricane Sandy .

This post will surely ease the minds of those that took damage and lost their lives tonight.  Can I share this on social media so that the can all know they are lucky since you've seen worse?

• Like 4

It’s going to be a miracle if there aren’t mass casualties from the tornado that just moved through Jefferson City. Debris is still falling out of the storm which highly suggests this was a violent tornado. This sucks...

1 minute ago, DanLarsen34 said:

It’s going to be a miracle if there aren’t mass casualties from the tornado that just moved through Jefferson City. Debris is still falling out of the storm which highly suggests this was a violent tornado. This sucks...

Wow

Not good when there are lots of reports of emergency crew searching through apartment debris.