Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Winter Storm Threat Tracker

Ji

1 minute ago, Ji said:
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Nice hit on the icon. It's funny because that shortwave has been a rain event for a while. Now cold/suppressed with snow. -NAOs are good

I'll take the icon and call it a January

Snowing in the teens and low 20s on hard frozen ground. Yea, that works

• Like 2

Just now, Ji said:
14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I feel like an icon is a fun trailer before the main movie that you would never actually see

I've been saying I really like the period from Fri thru the end of the month for days but somehow winter got cancelled last night while I was asleep. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ji said:
14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I feel like an icon is a fun trailer before the main movie that you would never actually see

I swear a week ago someone said the icon has been good at picking up on threats before the other models. Maybe my memory serves me wrong

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I've been saying I really like the period from Fri thru the end of the month for days but somehow winter got cancelled last night while I was asleep. 

It's a stretch to think any model can nail a NS shortwave 5+ days out so no way to know yet if that shortwave is going to work. However, there are multiple cold fronts coming and flow looks fairly active. Have the ingredients. Just need a little luck

I swear a week ago someone said the icon has been good at picking up on threats before the other models. Maybe my memory serves me wrong

I’ve personally repeatedly honked that the ICON is fantastic at sniffing things out in the medium range. That said, I certainty only remember the times it has vs. the times it hasn’t. ICON has definitely popped storms that fail to come to fruition.

. Pro

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic