• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January/February Winter Storm Threat Tracker

Ji

I’m feeling good about getting a big snow storm in the next couple of weeks.  We’ve seen hints about a potential storm around the 24th and the 27th-30th for a while now.    As others have noted, the lack of consensus in ensembles and ops clearly shows that the models can’t figure out all the moving parts.  It’s pretty infuriating that the midweek thing will likely be rain, but I’m optimistic about the 28th. And it’s not a weekend!  That would be a nice change of pace!

30 minutes ago, Danajames said:

About the only thing on the GFS 1800 run was a clipper system by next Tuesday.  Nothing for the weekend.  And until I see otherwise, I'm not expecting anything.  Say what you want about the GFS but once it locks down on the 5 day period, it's very consistent and more often than not, pretty accurate.  Who knows, maybe something will magically appear by tomorrow or Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath.  Hell, I'd love to have a winter of nothing but energized Clipper systems.  At least you know they'll be snow. 

GFS has been pretty poor this winter so far

26 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I’m feeling good about getting a big snow storm in the next couple of weeks.  We’ve seen hints about a potential storm around the 24th and the 27th-30th for a while now.    As others have noted, the lack of consensus in ensembles and ops clearly shows that the models can’t figure out all the moving parts.  It’s pretty infuriating that the midweek thing will likely be rain, but I’m optimistic about the 28th. And it’s not a weekend!  That would be a nice change of pace!

You are all about to get seriously SHELLACKED by tremendous amounts of snow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ji said:

The cold doesn’t actually keep getting pushed back. It’s cold now. But until the NAO or AO goes negative each cold shot is likely to retreat as the next wave goes to our west. Some keep making the mistake of thinking that “the next cold shot is the one to hit and hold” but truth is none will until we get blocking. 

The cold doesn’t actually keep getting pushed back. It’s cold now. But until the NAO or AO goes negative each cold shot is likely to retreat as the next wave goes to our west. Some keep making the mistake of thinking that “the next cold shot is the one to hit and hold” but truth is none will until we get blocking. 
Dude....we were seeing 1985 cold remember 1f27574d53363e741e3d6ecc4788d393.jpg

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Trailing wave. Best way to get snow in a -epo +NAO pattern. But it’s not the kind of thing that works often or will stick on guidance from range. What made 2014 and 2015 so odd was that setup did work so often.

It’s probably what, the third time we have seen it at this range? The follow up wave idea that is.  Fools gold at range but it’s nice too look at for the time being.

Just now, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, LP08 said:
FV3 is a miss wide right.  Looks to be setting up for the follow up wave the GFS has

How much of a miss? Gfs and icon didnt miss cause they had nothing to miss with

It dug for oil.  Honestly it wasn’t to different from the Euro.

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic