Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

Just now, djr5001 said:

That initial push looks to be on the edge of where the heavier bursts have started.  Heavier rates have helped to hold off the mixing but that secondary surge is now pushing into the Mason-Dixon Line.  Curious to see if anyone close to the edge of the mountains like you/cashtown/Carlisle can hold on longer than some of rest of us as areas east begin to mix.

Sleet is making an advancement.  Thurmont now switched over.   Rain mixed in as well 

2 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

That initial push looks to be on the edge of where the heavier bursts have started.  Heavier rates have helped to hold off the mixing but that secondary surge is now pushing into the Mason-Dixon Line.  Curious to see if anyone close to the edge of the mountains like you/cashtown/Carlisle can hold on longer than some of rest of us as areas east begin to mix.

It is back to mostly sleet and actually appears to be some rain....a few flakes still mixed in.  We are about 1 mile south of Rouzerville just at the base of what the locals call South Mountain though I am not sure if this specific ridge is actually called that vs. the whole range.  Its a great view even if not good for CAD from a storm coming in from the S/W.  

14 minutes ago, rescape said:

Moderate snow here in Carlisle. Looks like an inch or two has accumulated on the road. Worried about the flash freeze tomorrow as I have to go work around noon. 

Welcome, neighbor, to the forum.  

Just went out and measured 1.6".  Temp down to and holding now at 30.4 degrees.  Moderate to almost heavy snow falling.  Hoping to "Cash" in like my friend to the south.

All 3 types falling here right now.  Temp jump from 32 to over 33 once the column gave in and went to some wet.  I measured just after the rain started and going with 3.25".  A bonus 1 1/4" after that first sleet intrusion.  Not having much of a sleet fall really impresses how much warm air is being driven over top. 

18 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Welcome, neighbor, to the forum.  

Just went out and measured 1.6".  Temp down to and holding now at 30.4 degrees.  Moderate to almost heavy snow falling.  Hoping to "Cash" in like my friend to the south.

Thanks just moved up here to the city area recently from Central MD. Being up further north is finally paying off today. 

5 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Left Carlisle at 7:10 just got to camp hill. Roads were atrocious and it was snowing *hard* 

Really glad PA banned CMV from the interstates tonight or I would be out there in a big rig in this mess. Instead I get to enjoy watching the snow fall from my front porch.