• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So is the winter storm watch awfully long in duration? Most local models have snow ending sunday afternoon and long range models do not do well with lake effect/enhancement so what would be the reason for the Sunday night and Monday time frame?

I'd guess residual LE and blowing/drifting snow (especially due to dry nature and high winds).

26 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So is the winter storm watch awfully long in duration? Most local models have snow ending sunday afternoon and long range models do not do well with lake effect/enhancement so what would be the reason for the Sunday night and Monday time frame?

I think they would rather run it long and just cancel it once the lake dies down rather than have to extend it.  And as someone else stated, blowing snow will remain a concern through the afternoon and into the evening as well.  

From the way you were talking, Dave, I was fully expecting much lesser amounts when going to tidbits...still looks decent...with the GEM being allllllll over the place this week.

I am so glad I haven't wasted much time this week following the models...I am still refusing to get super psyched...as things can be stupid with computers.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

From the way you were talking, Dave, I was fully expecting much lesser amounts when going to tidbits...still looks decent...with the GEM being allllllll over the place this week.

I am so glad I haven't wasted much time this week following the models...I am still refusing to get super psyched...as things can be stupid with computers.

Yeah, sorry. Moment of weakness. 1000 cuts theory- we just can’t keep having these models drift SE, at some point we really start to bleed. 

Plus, I hug the Canadian. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

00Z model of choice is NAV-GEM goodnight Irene!  Solid 00Z Suite from the American models and our new friend the German ICON!

I just looked at that...LOL. I don’t think I’ve ever seen NAVY model on the WEST side of forecast model spread. It usually has storms heading out to Bermuda and up to the Flemish Cap. ;)

• Like 1

Thats exactly why I  said that cause tomorrow when the junk out West is fully Sampled cause a lot of the energy is still off shore at this hr so......  I think we get a partial phase, at least, and I expect a full adjustment of the models ao tomorrow nights 00Z runs with a jump back NW due to the phasing.  Thats my story and I'm sticking to it and I don't care what the EURO shows as its NOT infallible even thought the UKMET caved to it, lol!