• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Still time but both streams just don't want to get on the same page with timing especially, but speed as well so........ Still much time left though, but when Friday, tomorrow rolls around, then all bets are off as far as an Epic event is concerned but instead we could perhaps have a Epic week instead with the next event right on its heels.  The Euro was rain, but has gone mostly to all frozen now, depending on location, and not elevation as those days are over, lol!

4 hours ago, WNash said:

Verbatim this is basically an advisory level nuisance for most of the Buffalo metro, so I want to see that NW trend before committing to following this storm.

Definitely not an advisory level storm that's only 4 to 7 inches...euro output equivalent is .8 at KBUF through Monday which us roughly 11 to 14 inches with 20 to 1 ratios. Temps will be no better that low 20's early Saturday and dropping through the day. Won't be an 18 to 24 inch blockbuster but I'll take a foot with blowing and drifting.

• Like 1

Looking at the AFD this morning they mention the southerly track and are not concerned with it as plenty of energy will be found over WNY with an inverted trough crossing the area during Saturday night. Couple in the moisture from Lake Ontario and I believe we will all be quite satisfied come Sunday afternoon.

Agreed, I don't understand how ppl think a 12-20" snow is an Advisory event.  How is that even possible?  A warning is 7" in 24hr, or is it 12? who cares lol, and KBOS is talking min 12!  Why do ppl always automatically take what the Euro is spitting out and go with that?  I'm sure you guys have been around long enough to have seen the Euro come in second and sometimes third during some events.  Each piece of guidance is like a tool in anyone's tool box and each is used for a different job, well thats how guidance is used.  Thats why most use ensambles before we're within 72hrs cause its a cumulative forecast of 52 members for the EURO and 20 I believe for the GFS but we have the NAM as well for meso but I wouldn't just take one model and run with it cause it can and may be wrong on certain aspects but the GooFuS may be right on others so don't dismiss anything at this point especially no the FV3-GFS the new and improved GFS as it shows promise!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Looking at the AFD this morning they mention the southerly track and are not concerned with it as plenty of energy will be found over WNY with an inverted trough crossing the area during Saturday night. Couple in the moisture from Lake Ontario and I believe we will all be quite satisfied come Sunday afternoon.

Agree.  I don’t see Buffalo getting advisory level snows by the time it’s over. This is a scenario where most of the KBUF area could use a jog NW as compared to model averages but really just as a modelology insurance policy, of sorts.

This model hasn't jogged even a bit the last few runs, and I feel it has the best read on whats about to hop over the Rockies tonight, cause that energy is fierce for sure so we'll see I suppose!  Ive also compared its initialization time to the obs for that particular time and they were pretty spot on.  Tonights 00Z should put the nail in anyones doubt's for this upcoming event so good luck !

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

This model hasn't jogged even a bit the last few runs, and I feel it has the best read on whats about to hop over the Rockies tonight, cause that energy is fierce for sure so we'll see I suppose!  Ive also compared its initialization time to the obs for that particular time and they were pretty spot on.  Tonights 00Z should put the nail in anyones doubt's for this upcoming event so good luck !

Surprised no weather warnings in Ohio, PA, Indiana etc for this system yet. Perhaps not wanting to confuse people with snow that falls later today and tonight.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Surprised no weather warnings in Ohio, PA, Indiana etc for this system yet. Perhaps not wanting to confuse people with snow that falls later today and tonight.

You know I was thinking the same thing, but perhaps they wanted to see one more run as KBGM raised flags as well as Albany so IDK why neither State College nor Cleveland office has done nothing so far.

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Me and matt will be fighting the most dry air here, guess it comes with the territory of living north..

Icon for example has an inch in nothern oswego county and almost double 30 miles south..Beggars can't be choosers

icon_apcpn_neus_40.png

CNY gets lucky sometimes and this might just be one of those times.

With NE winds its a shame but both you and Matt will in fact down-slope some and dry out a bit but you will certainly see heavy snows as well.  I didn't think the Tug would cause much warming as the highest point I think is 2100ft right?

icon_asnow_neus_41.png

its impressive that its even catching that as even the NAM didn't show much DLing off the Tug but the Icon is for sure!

I think KROC is in the best possible spot to be in right now for both Synoptic and LE combined so I think they eclipse 18" easy thats just with the event then the LE kicks in to add who knows at this point.  I wouldn't let my guard down as well in Niagara and Erie county cause with a 15-20mph NE wind there should be plenty enhancement all the way into WNY I would think, so this thing still has plenty of tricks up its sleeve, for sure.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I think KROC is in the best possible spot to be in right now for both Synoptic and LE combined so I think they eclipse 18" easy thats just with the event then the LE kicks in to add who knows at this point.  I wouldn't let my guard down as well in Niagara and Erie county cause with a 15-20mph NE wind there should be plenty enhancement all the way into WNY I would think, so this thing still has plenty of tricks up its sleeve, for sure.

Agreed. The lake enhancement will carry quite far from the lakes inland.