• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

15 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Great Find CNYWX!  I remember tracking that storm and being extremely excited when we upgraded to blizzard warnings.  I took off from work to chase that one.  I then went to Gore mountain a few days after and it was glorious.  That storm is the last really Huge synoptic hit that I clearly recall for the entire area. 

There’s been a few big time events since. I’ll research when I get home. But at least 3-4 12”+ since 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

There’s been a few good time events since. I’ll research when I get home. But at least 3-4 12”+ since 

I'm not saying we havent had many good hits since then.  That one just sticks out in my head for some reason.  Very fast system but rates were fantastic for about 12 hours. 

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

We are being silly.  Only 4 pages back and we can look at all our obs from the March 14 blizzard.  We were pretty jacked up about this storm  Starts around page 42.  Looks like there was thundersnow with that one.

RLMAO, lol, we had it here the whole time, real silly!

6 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

We are being silly.  Only 4 pages back and we can look at all our obs from the March 14 blizzard.  We were pretty jacked up about this storm  Starts around page 42.  Looks like there was thundersnow with that one.

Yeah, that was my report! Probably the best storm, synoptic or otherwise, to hit the northern part of Buffalo in the last 12 years.

14 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Starting to lose sleep already as Ive been up all night tracking!  I know I'm nuts!

Yeah I think we all are starting to...that's the problem with forecasts like this basically a week ahead of time, you're exhausted by game time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Has anyone run any analogs for this storm?  In my mind the path is very similar to March 2014. That was Rochester’s first blizzard since the super storm.

I don’t have the links on my phone. Will check back on end I get into work. 

Delta T coming in all strong and bullish! It’s a good sign. 

Lake shore was pummeled with snow in that storm. I think I remember 24”

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Hey all!  Been a busy dude (still am) so my dearth of postings is the result. (New fiancee', new job, new life...lol!!)

But......we got ourselves quite the upcoming pattern!!!!  So....Hello!!! :)

That avatar is a sight for sore eyes!  Jump on in, the water is perfect!