Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/15-16 Coastal Storm/ULL Discussion

dmillz25

2 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

NYC sees 2 or 3 hours of snow at most before the rain takes over. As Eric said above, 850s are really warm across most of PA too. Freezing Rain will be an issue as 2m temps are 28 to 30 degrees

Yeah they torch but it may be more snow to sleet before dryslot. Precip cuts off abruptly. 

Also, slight uptick for us flatlanders on the realistic clown map sorry NW.

namconus_asnowd_neus_fh60_trend.gif

2 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Why are you always negative? LOL

TBH, we were just outside most of the big storms last year in our area. I have seen snow in Nov, heck we had significant snow in Nov 2012 right after Sandy, with Freehold getting 13 inches. Maybe Unc can check this out, but Nov snows seem to correlate with less snowy winters IIRC. Let's hope for an interesting winter. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

TBH, we were just outside most of the big storms last year in our area. I have seen snow in Nov, heck we had significant snow in Nov 2012 right after Sandy, with Freehold getting 13 inches. Maybe Unc can check this out, but Nov snows seem to correlate with less snowy winters IIRC. Let's hope for an interesting winter. 

You don't have to worry about that

This winter is going to rock

• Like 1

Just now, Snow88 said:

These situations are fickle

Take anything we can get since its only mid November.

We will get plenty of snow this winter starting late this month.

Looking more like nothing, hopefully extended sleet. And we'll see, LR forecasts are worthless to me. We are spoiled here now. It's hard to keep this up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Looking more like nothing, hopefully extended sleet. And we'll see, LR forecasts are worthless to me. We are spoiled here now. It's hard to keep this up.

We will start off as sleet and snow since dews will be low.

The long range warmth is now gone on the models. All the tellies are becoming favorable .

Watch for a snowstorm possibly at the end of this month of early december.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Blowtorch. Even worse than 18z. Hoping for mood flakes at this point. RGEM is warm at surface and every layer from onset onward.

Eric and Don,,,,,is that nothing ? My math is bad but isn't that green and yellow area N n W of the city like 6 inches of snow ? 2.5 centimeters and change = an inch no? Maybe my eyes are clouding my judgement must be the WEENIE in me 

28 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Eric and Don,,,,,is that nothing ? My math is bad but isn't that green and yellow area N n W of the city like 6 inches of snow ? 2.5 centimeters and change = an inch no? Maybe my eyes are clouding my judgement must be the WEENIE in me 

I only mentioned the difference between the two runs. There’s still a period of snow, but it’s not as impressive as it was on the 18z run. It will be interesting to see the ECMWF later.

• Thanks 1

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic