• Member Statistics

    15,883
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
WxUSAF

March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

Recommended Posts

Thanks to everyone doing their thing in the main thread!  I know I just started doing the pbp for the last “storm” but I can’t bring myself to do it this time since I am down in VA Beach for training and will have to drive up 95 on Wednesday...FML

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark your card if you had “soil temps” on your mid-Atlantic weenie bingo card 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't had a single day over 60 this entire month, temps have dipped below freezing on almost all nights since the wind storm. Don't know what else you can be asking for in late March. 

I have a feeling ground temps were warmer during the Feb 17th snow.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

So what...now you are going to criticize some of real concern?

Wooosh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Interstate said:

So what...now you are going to criticize some of real concern?

The day before the Veterans Day storm of 1987 it was almost 60. In November 

snow stuck

you get told this every year but the same dumb weenies forget that if it gets cold then snow will stick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far my bingo card has:

soil temps, high temp before storm. Need angle of the cold and radar looks awful

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, H2O said:

The day before the Veterans Day storm of 1987 it was almost 60. In November 

snow stuck

you get told this every year but the same dumb weenies forget that if it gets cold then snow will stick

 

I’ll give him he benefit of the doubt that he felt I was legit attacking him given what happened earlier. When in actuality I’m just making fun of the same old phrases we hear every storm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, H2O said:

The day before the Veterans Day storm of 1987 it was almost 60. In November 

snow stuck

you get told this every year but the same dumb weenies forget that if it gets cold then snow will stick

 

I was in Denver last November.  It was 83 day before. Next day it snowed and stuck.  Granted 5000 feet but it was roasting until mid night.  The sleet will help a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I keep worrying about that... atmospheric memory has worked for them lately... and the NE.  But this is the type of storm that the IAD/DC/BWI corridor tends to do well in. 

I wouldn't worry. I made that call mainly because this is the party thread, and here you can say whatever the f you want without any logic or rationale to back it up whatsoever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’ll give him he benefit of the doubt that he felt I was legit attacking him given what happened earlier. When in actuality I’m just making fun of the same old phrases we hear every storm 

It does check a box that always seems to get checked before a storm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I wouldn't worry. I made that call mainly because this is the party thread, and here you can say whatever the f you want without any logic or rationale to back it up whatsoever.

 :lol:That happens in the disco threads too.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H2O said:

It does check a box that always seems to get checked before a storm

At least it’s not a weekend where more cars are on the road 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Cape has more self control tho

Actually not making grating, emotional, dumb posts is super easy. There was a time I could be pretty awful though lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I wouldn't worry. I made that call mainly because this is the party thread, and here you can say whatever the f you want without any logic or rationale to back it up whatsoever.

It's kinda like The Panic Room but in reverse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll believe this one when I see it accumulate. Till then, I am skeptical. Somewhere is going to get hammered. But I am not sold on the I-95 late March HECS. Not saying it won't happen, I just can't get sucked in.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowfan said:

No one along 95 should expect an HECS so that should take care of that.

Not sure even those West of 95 should expect it either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowfan said:

No one along 95 should expect an HECS so that should take care of that.

Even 5 inches in late March in the mid atlantic is a HECS IMO.

So I am not using that word in the mid January sense, I am using it in the sense of how late we are in the year to be seeing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mdecoy said:

Even 5 inches in late March in the mid atlantic is a HECS IMO.

So I am not using that word in the mid January sense, I am using it in the sense of how late we are in the year to be seeing this.

Keep your personal expectations to a dusting so you’re not disappointed 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.