joxey
March 20-22nd "Welcome to Spring" MECS/1958 Redux Threat

The Iceman

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Hopefully the deform band can trend south. Verbatim only get 6 inches

I think we're pretty damn good at this point (hold easy)....DC/Balt may get shafted again. Man, what a damn shiety-screw job winter for them if they don't get something...

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Their 9pm disco makes mention of the nam and gfs to cut back the 2nd wave qpf quite a bit and focus more on Round one tomorrow suggesting some may be in for a surprise. Would it be something if tomorrow became the big show instead? I really don't think anyone knows how this is going to go down and that isn't a knock on Mt Holly whatsoever but more a function of how complicated of a setup this is. Nothing is a lock with this one bottom line.

They may be right but the 12k nam has just about everything happening Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Wow quiet in here for right before a big storm. Anyone doing Euro analysis? UKIE appeared to be good. 

Everyone is probably resting up (like I should be). Doubt if I'll last till the Euro - another hour from now. Lots of uncertainty still with this, but a lot of potential too. Love the 2 part aspect, especially with the 2nd part hopefully finishing strong. For example, HRDPS around sunset on Wednesday :lol::

HRDPS-0z_3-20-18.jpg

Just now, mattinpa said:

But what doesn't continue it is a MA jackpot. I still think we see swings into tomorrow. 

It blows for us .70-.80" total all the dynamics are south and east, throw in 8:1 ratios were getting 5-6" IF it's right, we better hope it isn't.

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

It blows for us .70-.80" total all the dynamics are south and east, throw in 8:1 ratios were getting 5-6" IF it's right, we better hope it isn't.

Not sure about those ratios as it looks cold. It's not bad for this time of year. NAM is coming into useful range so that and the other hi res models should give a better idea of where things set up.

2 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Not sure about those ratios as it looks cold. It's not bad for this time of year. NAM is coming into useful range so that and the other hi res models should give a better idea of where things set up.

Storm #2 on Wednesday has the exact track of March 7th like to a tee exits east from hours 42-48 deathbands stay I95 and east. I hate this run.

Just now, RedSky said:

Storm #2 on Wednesday has the exact track of March 7th like to a tee exits east from hours 42-48 deathbands stay I95 and east. I hate this run.

I'd like to see the heavy bands, but I won't worry too much yet. I hope the EPS is north of the OP, but I will be in bed by the time that comes out.

A little? Cut precipitation substantially to the NW crowd, continues the trend of oh every single storm 

Dude, it's noise...chill. Here....now get some z's:8329bf616287c955f12772df8f120dde.jpg

24 minutes ago, Fields27 said:

Lol @ the 6z nam. Pretty much nada nw of I95. Dare I say it's happening again?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

This has been the year of the NW cutoff/last second trends S+E.  I think there have been two storms that have shown a nice QPF field into Lancaster/Berks Counties, only for the short-range mesoscales to crap all over it on the cusp of the event.  12z is going to be scary for NW folks, I think.  

Archived