Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'secs'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Blogs

  • The Company Blog
  • Tropospheric Torrent
  • wxbrad's Blog
  • thunderman's Blog
  • Quincy's Blog
  • Ellinwood's Weather Blog
  • Once a legend always a legend
  • Weathertalkblog
  • everyhinks

Forums

  • Board Headquarters
  • Tropical Weather Discussion
    • Tropical Headquarters
  • General Forecasting and Discussion
    • Weather Forecasting and Discussion
    • Climate Change
    • Outdoor and Weather Photography
    • Weather Marketplace
    • Meteorology 101
    • Blogs
  • Regional Weather Discussion
    • New England
    • Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
    • New York City Metro
    • Philadelphia Region
    • Mid Atlantic
    • Southeastern States
    • Tennessee Valley
    • Lakes/Ohio Valley
    • Central/Western States

Categories

  • General Analyses & Forecasts
    • Seasonal Forecasts
    • Winter Analysis
    • Tropical Analysis
    • Severe Weather
  • Miscellaneous

Product Groups

  • Upgrade Packages
    • Individual Packages
  • Sponsorship Options
  • Model Subscriptions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


Website URL


Yahoo


Skype


Four Letter Airport Code For Weather Obs (Such as KDCA)


Location:


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Well since the threat will be at around 120 hours out at the 12z runs, it is time to fire up the disco thread. copying and pasting my post from the general thread in here from this morning to kick things off. Help me bring one more home before we say goodbye to winter! Euro and CMC OP's give the area a solid snowfall for next week but it is the ensembles that really have me sold on this threat. huge improvements overnight at 500 mb imo on the 00z ensemble guidance...take a look EPS GEFS GEPS stronger ridging, 50/50 low doesnt move out as quickly and -NAO looks stronger than previous runs. Overall very good trends in the mid range. Plus the EPO tanking suggests that the airmass may be slightly underdone right now. This is a much more SECSy look than yesterday. the ridging up in canada and greenland is key imo the gefs is weaker with it at 06z and it trended more north with the primary and coastal leading to a warmer solution. however, the geps and eps are stronger with that ridging and the primary dies off further south keeping us all or mostly all snow.
  2. Well with the potential event being inside 5 days now and the Euro making a big shift at 12z towards the CMC, this storm is officially a threat. Euro snow totals were this BTW. I'm copying my thoughts from the OBS thread that remain pretty unchanged even with the new 12z Euro burying us. I am still very worried about this becoming too amped and trending north as we approach the event meaning we will change to rain or become majority rain. We don't have a high locked in so the airmass in place doesn't have much depth but the timing is very very good on this event. This may just be our fluke storm make up from not cashing in on a big one from earlier in the winter when we had a much more favorable pattern. From earlier: 12z CMC shows basically the perfect track for us on the Saturday night storm. Would be 6-10" region wide. GFS is flatter and squashes it south. But in this range, that may be where we want it to be seeing as the last few events saw a big north trend as we got closer to the event and with the SE ridge building in, I have a hard time seeing this one slide south and OTS. I am worried more about temps than an event at this stage. With the +NAO, I don't really think it is a question of if we see a north trend but how far north is it going to end up. If the GFS had us in the jackpot right now, I would say this is almost certainly a rain event. It has a few things going for it like timing which will be overnight saturday so no sun angle worries and no lakes low to scour out the cold air ahead of the storm but we are still in this progressive pattern so changes with the key players are going to have impacts on the track. I don't expect any kind of consensus for another 48 hours at least and possibly not until all of the players are on the field. Overall, my feeling is that this has a fairly decent shot at being a 6" storm for the region despite being in a hostile pattern for winter weather. Like I said in an earlier post, I still am favoring north and west areas at this time as having the best chance for this storm. One more thing that I just noticed. The 06z NAVGEM is actually a decent hit for us and not squashed/suppressed when it is typically the furthest S and E of the models on storms. Another "Wiggum rule" tells me that when the NAVGEM isn't the S and E outlier, the storm is likely going to trend back north. I haven't seen the 12z NAVGEM yet though to see if this is still the case but it is a good sign for us that the 06z was not suppressed south.
×