• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - March 2018

56 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

...but you live in PA where it always snows. Our climate is so vastly different than MD...don't you realize that yet? Yes, I went there, I can be a smartazz too. :)

No one here at work is talking about snow on Wednesday. I'm sitting by quietly...hoping the boom is fully lowered and tomorrow everyone around me is going apesh*t all the sudden. 

I just got trolled .............

:P

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Let’s take these storms 1 at a time. Today we took a step back for next week so far, but improved for the storm this week.

Hopefully the NAM keeps looking good at the 18z run !

that is great advice.  Look how Thursday is sneaking up on us....

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Nice, we haven’t had many Watches this year ! It seems like CTP is following the lead of the NAM & GEFS. 

this isn't for you and me bro, its gonna stop at the mighty Susky 

9 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Yes sir, and it's often important and comes in to play big time. 

One of his biggest arguments last March was how rare it is to get 18" of snow in Lanco...only a couple of times in recorded history has that happened. It takes something special to get that amount of snow in this area. 

There was an old guy in my town, who had absolutely zero met training, but son of a beach he was normally right.    

49 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

this isn't for you and me bro, its gonna stop at the mighty Susky 

There was an old guy in my town, who had absolutely zero met training, but son of a beach he was normally right.    

I can see the Susquehanna river & Dauphin county from my front porch, & I’m sure you are less than a mile or 2 from the river. If we lived in the western end of our counties, then I would think we were on the outside looking in for this one. I think the rule is that at least half of the county has to be involved in order to be issued whatever the respective watch or warning should be.

Either way, if you want snow for this one in our region, Lancaster will do better than State College.

42 minutes ago, canderson said:

MDT might see 1" and LNS might see 10". That'll be fun (not).

CTP just updated their snow map a few minutes ago & it has 4 inches of snow on the “Most Likely” map for Harrisburg & 8 inches for Harrisburg on their “High End” map. There is more to the East of Harrisburg & less to the west.

The EPS also increased snow amounts by a couple of inches for this event. 

46 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I can see the Susquehanna river & Dauphin county from my front porch, & I’m sure you are less than a mile or 2 from the river. If we lived in the western end of our counties, then I would think we were on the outside looking in for this one. I think the rule is that at least half of the county has to be involved in order to be issued whatever the respective watch or warning should be.

Either way, if you want snow for this one in our region, Lancaster will do better than State College.

Just about anywhere in PA has been better than the State College area this year haha. They're at 22.2" for the season which is only a few inches more than their least snowy winter of 2015-2016 (17.9"). Thats not even 50% of climo (they average 45-46" ish). Down where I'm at a bit closer to the Allegheny front averages about 50-55" roughly and my count is at 30.9", so that's in the ballpark of 60%. Pittsburgh has even reached climo and heck number wise for this season they are beating State College's snowfall amount pretty handily. I had at least 3 verified warnings last winter and pretty much haven't sniffed one all this winter except for the around 5" event in Mid December.

So I'm definitely go big or go home with the next 7-10 days.

/End Ji

59 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Just about anywhere in PA has been better than the State College area this year haha. They're at 22.2" for the season which is only a few inches more than their least snowy winter of 2015-2016 (17.9"). Thats not even 50% of climo (they average 45-46" ish). Down where I'm at a bit closer to the Allegheny front averages about 50-55" roughly and my count is at 30.9", so that's in the ballpark of 60%. Pittsburgh has even reached climo and heck number wise for this season they are beating State College's snowfall amount pretty handily. I had at least 3 verified warnings last winter and pretty much haven't sniffed one all this winter except for the around 5" event in Mid December.

So I'm definitely go big or go home with the next 7-10 days.

/End Ji

Love the hashtag bud. Good Lord it’s just nuts. FWIW  Lanco is runnin behind on our snowstickometer as well.  All of us who love snow are in need of a region wide slammer  

Im also with ya in the go big deal. I need a rest from all of the depression. 

9 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

For last 20 years or so, further east has been better snow climo wise. At least big storms.

Yeah but Mag doesn’t care bout state college cause Altoona is different climbo.  (If you read MA forum like maytown,you’d see I  got trolled in the MA thread again this afternoon).  Lol

11 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

For last 20 years or so, further east has been better snow climo wise. At least big storms.

Yeah the snow drout has hit them hard. Still love that region and would leave down here in a heartbeat to move up there. Beauty is year round up there .

Yeah but Mag doesn’t care bout state college cause Altoona is different climbo.  (If you read MA forum like maytown,you’d see I  got trolled in the MA thread again this afternoon).  Lol

They don’t like them northerners in there. But their climo is more similar to us than State College.

Archived